Windows 10: HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

Discus and support HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeroHuten, Jul 20, 2018.

1. PeroHuten Win User

HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

Hello,
    I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm wondering if this drivers have been changed on manufacturer side or windows side.

:)

PeroHuten, Jul 20, 2018
  2. PeroHuten Win User

Hello,

I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm
    wondering if this drivers have been changed on manufacturer side or windows side.

PeroHuten, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Microphone issue Hyperx Cloud 2 headset

The option to roll back to an older version is automatically provided on the option when you're in the properties window of the audio driver. Regarding your concern, you may need to update the firmware of the
    Hyperx Cloud 2 Headset. Updating of the firmware will make sure that it will be compatible with your audio driver. We suggest that you visit the
    manufacturer's website and look for the process on how to update the firmware. After performing the update, uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver, it should be working properly.

Feel free to respond if you need more help.

Louie Del, Oct 16, 2018
  4. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

HyperX Cloud 2 Gaming Headset issue

I have an issue with the HyperX Cloud 2 Gaming Headset on windows 10 64 bit. Last night when I went to sleep, everything was working properly and the device registered as "Headset(HyperX 7.1 Audio)" under both "Playback Devices" and "Recording Devices"
    tabs. Today I signed into Windows and got a notification saying "USB device not recognized: The last USB device you plugged into this computer has malfunctioned and is not working properly." The device has also changed in the device manager to show as follows:
    "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I have repeatedly unplugged this device and plugged it back in. I have restarted the PC in safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and everything else I could possibly think of. I have searched
    everywhere for the device drivers to override the installed drivers, however this device is a Plug and Play device and the drivers are listed nowhere online. The device does not have any options to install a generic USB audio driver or anything. I'm at a loss
    for what to do and Kingston's customer service/tech support is down for the holidays. Does anyone ahve the drivers needed for the headset or know of a solution to this issue?

HazardousHawke, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed - Similar Threads - HyperX Cloud drivers

2. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  3. HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperX cloud 3 Drivers/not working: I got a new HyperX Cloud 3 headset for Christmas, I plugged it into my xbox series x controller and it works but When I plug the pc adapter into my pc it says "The drivers for this device are not installed" as shown in the screenshot I added from device manager. It's not...
  4. hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11

hyperx cloud 2 not enable 7.1 sound after an update windows 11: i have a headset hyperx cloud2 wired after an update of windows 11 when active from controller 7.1 sound nothing change. I try everything about drivers or anything else to change usb port to update windows or the driver from device manager. nothing change. I try to another pc...
  5. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  6. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  7. Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11

Hyperx Cloud 2 not working on windows 11: Hello, i buyed a Hyperx Cloud 2 headset and it the michrophone doesent work. I tried so many times but no. Please someone help me. And it's official windows 11....
  8. Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger: I just got the HyperX Cloud stinger headset, but my laptop does not seem to pick up the microphone at all, the weird thing is, the sound in my headphones work just fine, it's just the microphone that's not detected, and I've tried everything to find it. I only have one...
  9. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic not working: So let me explain this: Before the Windows update, it was working fine. It's a simple HyperX Cloud Stinger and it worked fine for a long while before the Windows 10 update. After the update it stopped working. The headset itself is fairly new about say 1 year or so maybe, it...
  10. HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working

HyperX Cloud Stinger Mic Is Not Working: Hello, I have recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset and when i try to talk it doesn't pick up my voice. When I try to talk using discord it says that it doesn't detect an input device even though I plugged the cable to my microphone port. When I go to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should the hyperx virtual surround sound use microsoft driver?