Windows 10: i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back?

Discus and support i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to remove bloatware by running a powershell script and removing all of those modern apps that come with a reinstall but i got rid of the store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, Jun 12, 2017.

1. i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back?

I tried to remove bloatware by running a powershell script and removing all of those modern apps that come with a reinstall but i got rid of the store app as well. i at least need the store to download what i do want. i have tried just about everything to restore them back. all the commands and making another user account to reinstall them. i currently have a backup of my windowsApps from my other computer and tried placing them back and registering them with no luck. anything can do without reinstalling?

:)

xdarkmario, Jun 12, 2017

2. accidentally deleted all my apps when I did a reset on my computer, how can I get my deleted apps back

accidentally deleted all my apps when I did a reset on my computer, running windows 10, how can I get my deleted apps back

Lisacasper, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Modern setup host

I accidentally deleted the file Modern Setup Host. How do I reactivate it?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Hermie en Jarethavan der Merwe, Jun 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back?

Hi, do you have any usable System Restore points?
    (However, difficulties are sometimes experienced when using System Restore)

Presumably you mean this doesn't help:
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

You can do an in-place upgrade repair install. This keeps all programs and most data, and is probably the most reliable way of fixing your problem.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

If your current build is the Anniversary Build (14393, 1607) then you need an iso for that. If you use the MS media creation tool now and you are running the Anniversary Build, you will upgrade to the current Creator's build.

What is your current build?
    Windows key + R, winver

Note: if you had been using disk imaging routinely as we strongly and repeatedly recommend, you could have restored your PC to a previous working state quickly and without technical help. (Macrium Reflect (free), its boot disk, external storage for disk image sets).

dalchina, Jun 12, 2017
  5. my build is 14393 windows 10 anniversary with no intent of going to creators.
    system restore points were not enabled at the time of the error ( i had to manually enable it)

and with that upgrade are you sure i wont loose a single byte of data, apps or programs? I'm really tired of reinstalling windows for my system as i have a ton of data and reinstalling takes me at least 5 days to get back where i was.

i would love to use a imaging app, i actually have Macrium Reflect but i have no second medium thats big enough for my system.

xdarkmario, Jun 12, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Any APPs bought or installed free from Store are still owned by you, all you have to do is to reinstall them again from Store.

CountMike, Jun 13, 2017
  7. cant

using the in place update worked and didint delete a thing thanks!

xdarkmario, Jun 14, 2017
  8. WEN
    wen Win User

External USB 3.0 HD's are very inexpensive. I have two WD Passport. One 2TB and one 4TB, the silver brushed alum. case models. Stay with Western Digital, fast, reliable and #1 choice of many. You can get WD or Seagate 1TB ext. USB drives for $50 now. I use mine strictly for Backups !!

9. right now after building my new rig i am completely tapped out of cash for now, and i still need to get a better monitor and video card

xdarkmario, Jun 17, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Now, in a Run box, type shell:appsfolder and make copies of the UWP Apps and store them somewhere safe; that way if it happens again, you can re-invoke them from there or re-install some from the Store.

Edwin, Jun 17, 2017
  11. good idea, will do

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. i accidental deleted ALL windows 10 modern apps, how to get them back? - Similar Threads - accidental deleted modern

2. Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.: User deleted that folder and all the files gets deleted desktop, documents & pictures bypassing windows recycle bin.Is there a way to recover the files?...
  3. Accidentally deleted biometrics. I cannot get it back?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally deleted biometrics. I cannot get it back?: I was trying to fix my Windows 10 Hello Fax from not recognizing my new camera in my new super fast Dell Computer PC and the troubleshooting said to delete it the Biometrics file. I did so and now cannot get it back. How can I retrieve it please?...
  4. Accidentally deleted admin and cannot get it back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted admin and cannot get it back.: I just bought a new computer but I accidentally deleted the admin and now I cannot download anything. I have tried to factory reset but I need a BitLocker code which I could not find. I cannot download windows media installer because I need admin password. I also have tried...
  5. Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted ALL WindowsApps through CMD, how to get them back?: So, before you ask "why would you do that?", system restore had an error and I found that a fix is by deleting windowsapps folder completely. Did it and it didn't work. How do I get the apps (specifically Microsoft Store) back? I really need Microsoft Store, is there maybe...
  6. Accidentally removed All Application Packages for Internet settings - how to get them back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally removed All Application Packages for Internet settings - how to get them back.: My son was trying to stop pop ups - and well went to youtube and accidentally ended up in software - internet settings - and removed the all applications packages - how can we get that back?...
  7. True Key I accidentally deleted it. How do I get it back?'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    True Key I accidentally deleted it. How do I get it back?': I have a HP TouchSmart 15 upgraded to Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted my true key. How do I get it back? I thought it was part of Mcafee Security Program. What it exactly is it. Is it face recognition? Is it my Windows key, god I hope not. Please help. Im afraid...
  8. I Accidentally Deleted Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Accidentally Deleted Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. How do I get it back?: Hello, This message keeps popping up on my new factory restored Windows 10: [ATTACH] I accidentally deleted Outlook 2016 from my Windows 10 because I had to delete the Microsoft Office 2016 in order for my Microsoft Office 2010 disk to work. Is there any way I can put back...
  9. I accidentally somehow deleted appxprovider.dll, how do I get it back?

I accidentally somehow deleted appxprovider.dll, how do I get it back?: I was emptying my bin when a message popped up about appxprovider.dll and I pressed cancel however when I came back into the recycling bin, there was nothing there. So I am convinced that I trashed appxprovider.dll, when I search online apparently it's part of the windows...
  10. Getting my Minecraft worlds back after accidentally deleting them.

Getting my Minecraft worlds back after accidentally deleting them.: I just reinstalled windows 10 after having some issues and all of my Minecraft worlds were gone. I accidentally deleted the drives they were on while doing this and i cant seem to find any way to find them. Is it possible for me to get them back?...