Windows 10: I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely

Discus and support I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; By mistake I created "george" (Admin) and "georg" as 2 users on my PC windows 10. How do I get rid of "georg" properly since trying to delete "georg"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by georgeatoth, Oct 24, 2017.

1. I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely

By mistake I created "george" (Admin) and "georg" as 2 users on my PC windows 10. How do I get rid of "georg" properly since trying to delete "georg" is causing issues with File history and other settings?

:)

georgeatoth, Oct 24, 2017

2. Accidentally deleted win recover section on win 10. Who do I boot my system to reinstall?

How do I recover win 10 from a accidentally deletion of the recover drive

JoshGreathouse, Oct 24, 2017
  3. The problem of 2 users in Windows 10

I recently created 2 users for me & for my sister. But if I delete one file from my user account then it deletes from 2nd user. How can I avoid these.? how can I create two different users? Please suggest me any solution to do on Windows 10....

Toufik Khan, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely

Brink, Oct 24, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Make sure you pay attention before clicking the 'Delete account and data' button that any files that you want to KEEP under 'georg' are either backed up externally or transferred to the corresponding 'george' folders, like Pictures or Music. Or, preferably, Both !

mrgeek, Oct 25, 2017
  6. Thank you. I will be sure to this next time

georgeatoth, Oct 25, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely

1. I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely - Similar Threads - accidentally created users

2. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  3. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  4. I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...: I have 2 laptops and 2 pcs all of which have windows 10 installed, reason is I am changing to new PC's that are able to use windows 11. I accidentally deleted my user account on my new laptop, thinking it was a secondary account and now I cannot log on. When I try to log on...
  5. Accidentally Deleted User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted User: I am using a new computer, and I am new to Windows. I accidentally deleted the user using Windows key + R, and then "control userpasswords2". I thought I had renamed my user, but now I cannot run or open any file. I went back to user account doing the same method, but there...
  6. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account: I bought 2 tablets and created 2 new Microsoft Accounts when installing Windows 10. I want to delete these 2 accounts. What is the best way to do this. Do I have to be on the device on which the account was created to delete it? Thanks Thomas...
  8. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?: One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public. One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep. Two folders begin with defaultuser, one of which has the name of my machine. Two folders begin with the first five...
  9. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...
  10. Accidentally created another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally created another User: I was trying to follow the instructions to dispense with logging in with user name and password every time I boot up... went thru "netplwiz" and after unticking the requisite box and clicking OK it presented me with a user name I hadn't chosen (although it's part of my GMail...