Windows 10: I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

Discus and support I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kingsley1124, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

:)

Kingsley1124, Aug 23, 2018
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Aug 23, 2018
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Aug 23, 2018
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

Is it safe to merge D and C drives?

Hello, today i installed Windows 10 and decided to free up some space on my MSI GP70 laptop, i have a total of 1TB of memory, but its split into 2 drives, the C and D drive, and i started to wonder, is it safe to merge the two drives? Do i lose the recovery
    files on the D drive if i merge them?

Any help will be appreciated I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE :)

- Ken

KennethKulman, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

1. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE - Similar Threads - ACCIDENTALLY MERGED DOWNLOADS

2. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.: Hi,I have used this guide to fix the accidental merging of Desktop and D drive which I also did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-desktop-to-d-drive/062dc89d-727d-47c6-9657-b1d6eea48f29I realised that :\D has the Document folder...
  3. i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally merged my downloads and videos file with drive d: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-downloads-and-videos-file/2abb1560-5b76-464c-943f-97e6c8798eac
  4. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  5. Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP

Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP: I accidentally merged my "Pictures" library with my "DATA D:" drive. I've managed to undo part of the merger, and return the Pictures library to my C: drive. However, I now have my regular "DATA D:" drive as well as a "D:\" drive that are both listed as "DATA D:" in their...
  6. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  7. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive: Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue...
  8. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  9. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...
  10. Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive: Hi, I recently got a new laptop that has a small SSD & a large HDD. To preserve space, I was transferring my default folders (Documents, Music, Video, Downloads, etc) from the C: (SSD) to D: (HDD). Most went fine, but on the last one I managed to tell Windows to merge my 3D...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentlu merged downloads with drive

2. merged my downloads with my d drive