Windows 10: I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

Discus and support I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Now, I get this error. My pc cant connect to wifi so I have an ethernet cable. What should I do?photo: https://imgur.com/a/80sSqxf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teodor Ioan, Dec 2, 2023.

1. I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

Now, I get this error. My pc cant connect to wifi so I have an ethernet cable. What should I do?photo: https://imgur.com/a/80sSqxf

:)

Teodor Ioan, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Kashegan Win User

Resetting Network Adapter

While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network connection issues and a solution that doean't involve rebooting would be an improvement.

Kashegan, Dec 2, 2023
  3. John Ado Win User
    Network adapter

Hi Ryan,

Let's work on this together. Have you restarted your device since then? This should reinstall the network adapters automatically. If it didn't, let's perform the Network reset.
    It removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After your PC restarts, any network adapters are reinstalled, and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
    Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Status
      > Network reset.
    • On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes.
    • Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

Please advise as necessary.

John Ado, Dec 2, 2023
  4. I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

Windows 10 - Network adapter constantly drops and needs to be reset

Hi Brad,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, you may reset the winsock settings and check if this helps:

Run CMD as administrator.

In the command line type: “netsh winsock reset”.

Press Enter then restart your PC to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

1. I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc - Similar Threads - accidentally reset network

2. I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc: Now, I get this error. My pc cant connect to wifi so I have an ethernet cable. What should I do?photo: https://imgur.com/a/80sSqxf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-reset-my-network-adapters-so-i/5483449c-26c2-45ad-9f84-da29d87f2153
  3. I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally reset my network adapters so I reset my pc: Now, I get this error. My pc cant connect to wifi so I have an ethernet cable. What should I do?photo: https://imgur.com/a/80sSqxf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-reset-my-network-adapters-so-i/5483449c-26c2-45ad-9f84-da29d87f2153
  4. Help! I accidentally reset my BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I accidentally reset my BIOS: Yesterday I was verifying my CPU temperature in BIOS and while doing that when I wanted to leave I accidentally pressed the wrong button and it reset my BIOS and now I cannot boot into Windows coming up with the error "INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE". I can get into recovery and...
  5. Help! I accidentally reset my BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I accidentally reset my BIOS: Yesterday I was verifying my CPU temperature in BIOS and while doing that when I wanted to leave I accidentally pressed the wrong button and it reset my BIOS and now I cannot boot into Windows coming up with the error "INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE". I can get into recovery and...
  6. when I run the troubleshooter on my pc it resets the wireless network adapter, and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I run the troubleshooter on my pc it resets the wireless network adapter, and then...: also I know that its the laptop's issue as all the other devices are working fine. This problem just randomly occurred with no prior connection issues with this laptop in this network for years....
  7. when I run the troubleshooter on my pc it resets the wireless network adapter, and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I run the troubleshooter on my pc it resets the wireless network adapter, and then...: also I know that its the laptop's issue as all the other devices are working fine. This problem just randomly occurred with no prior connection issues with this laptop in this network for years....
  8. I accidentally reset my network adapter and need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally reset my network adapter and need help: I accidentally reset my network adapter from a cheat cleaner and now I can’t find nor connect to my Ethernet or any internet and I don’t have WiFi on my pc btw and if I go to the internet tab I see my VPNs pls help submitted by /u/iamsimsim [link] [comments]...
  9. "Reset Network Adapters" broke my pc

"Reset Network Adapters" broke my pc: i downloaded this program to reset my network adapters on my windows 10 acer nitro 5 pc. Now, there is no internet tab, just airplane mode. I've tried every fix on YT. someone please help! submitted by /u/YettereYT [link] [comments]...
  10. So, I was reseting my PC and this just happened...

So, I was reseting my PC and this just happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snow344 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbkd6u/so_i_was_reseting_my_pc_and_this_just_happened/