Windows 10: I added my wife to my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts

Discus and support I added my wife to my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I added my wife an account on my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts. Everything else is new like the documents folders and desktop... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gbdane, Jan 8, 2016.

1. gbdane Win User

I added my wife to my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts

I added my wife an account on my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts. Everything else is new like the documents folders and desktop background but all of my desktop shortcuts are on her desktop. If you try deleting them it asked for my password for permission. This must be a bug a but I haven't found anything out on the internet. Has anyone seen this before?

:)

gbdane, Jan 8, 2016

2. windows 10 users see other user's desktop icons

I created a new account for my wife on my windows 10 PC and when she logs in she sees my desktop shortcuts. If she tries deleting them she is prompted for my credentials. I checked her desktop folder under her account and it's empty. This must be a bug
    but I can't find anything about it on the internet.

gbdane5000, Jan 8, 2016
  3. HMote Win User
    Family settings - user profile cannot be loaded

I'm getting the same when adding my wife. I was able to create my child account, but could not add my wife as a family member to login to the Windows 10 laptop. She can login to the online family service and has accepted the invitations that were sent
    in the email. I can login and see her profile from my account (administrator) but she can't login. She gets the user profile cannot be loaded.

HMote, Jan 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Your desktop shortcuts must have been set up via a default user profile or for all users on your PC. Any new users you add will automatically see them but not have permission to delete them.

For an explanation of how this works see:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

1. I added my wife to my windows 10 PC and she sees my desktop shortcuts - Similar Threads - added wife sees

2. I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word: I want my wife to have access to my account so she can access Microsoft word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-wife-to-have-access-to-my-account-so-she/3fd75459-bd28-4b38-a17d-a403b34bd9e3
  3. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  4. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  5. My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop: [ATTACH] So I always make a "This PC" shortcut on my desktop and I always put it as the first shortcut on my desktop - https://preview.redd.it/47onhgx8ykz41.png?width=190&format=png&auto=webp&s=f71a1a8947ec2206ceca4cbc6036906df59cba57 But whenever I refresh my PC or just...
  6. Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a hard drive to my windows 10 desktop pc: I just received my new rebuilt desktop pc and after I got it setup I needed to install a hard drive from my old pc and after I connected it to the motherboard and the power cable the Pc would not boot, I then removed the hard drive and the pc still would not boot and I had to...
  7. Adding a shortcut to my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a shortcut to my desktop: I want to add a shortcut icon to my desktop to access the website pandora.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-shortcut-to-my-desktop/b9421c36-2e19-4483-b727-85c5e8feb628
  8. Adding to my desktop

Adding to my desktop: How do I put important sites I use constantly to my desktop so they can be easily accessed by myself? Please, keep explanations as simple as possible. Definitely not a techie. Thank you...
  9. Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut

Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut: Getting real tired of windows 10 already and its been 1 week. I have a This PC shortcut on my desktop and whenever i insert or remove a USB device which is quite often it moves from the top of its column to the bottom! It's not the auto arrange or align to the grid, i have...
  10. testing windows 10 on my wifes Dell 8700 desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    testing windows 10 on my wifes Dell 8700 desktop: I have a situation that I need some help with. My wife has a Dell xps8700 desktop computer with windows 7 professional. She has some special software on this machine which is working on windows 7 at present, it's some data entry software that is no longer made or supported...