Windows 10: I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop!

Discus and support I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey! I have had Windows 10 installed for months and I have been receiving previews for months with just normal little bugs. But I have a drive me crazy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by savannahmick, Jul 12, 2016.

1. I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop!

Hey! I have had Windows 10 installed for months and I have been receiving previews for months with just normal little bugs. But I have a drive me crazy issue now! My desktop is going to standby/ sleep / hibernate every few mins while watching videos or when it sits idle no matter what the settings are and I have a lot of exp with computers so I have tried a lot of solutions but no help! Even using a small app tool called Don't Sleep and still have the same problem! It goes into the no input screen on my tv then signs me out and stays on login screen until I sign in. Arrrggghhhh! Any advice or help before I have to reset the pc would be great! Thanks!

:)

savannahmick, Jul 12, 2016
  2. CarlLench Win User

welcome to windows 10! screen stuck

my desktop pc just stops at this screen and wont show a cursor or recognize my keyboard so i cant even click the next button so i am effectively locked out of my computer.

CarlLench, Jul 12, 2016
  3. windows 10 ethernet connection

im about to throw my pc out the window at this point... so the past couple of days my pc has been working fine, on Tuesday the internet stopped working all together and i dont know how to fix it, ive tried this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues
    but that didnt help me any, and i dont want to resort to re-installing windows 10 for the 5th time since last year january, i cant update my pc AT ALL so that wont help, i really need help

bluekeybord, Jul 12, 2016
  4. I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop!

I still haven't got it fixed but Caffeine a small utility is working to keep my screen on. Also I did go into the registry and change the attributes like the one post has listed as a fix but still no dice so I think when I have time I'll got reset but wow what a pain I have 500gb of stuff to reinstall! Please if anyone has any ideas, advice, or info I would be very grateful! I am sure the settings are all correct in Control Panel, Pc Settings, and Screen Saver. Could my PSU cause this sleep issue or any other hardware? Thanks Again!
    BTW If anyone else is having this or a similar issue try the Caffeine utility it works great and has a timer or just enable +it's a no install app!

savannahmick, Jul 13, 2016
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    Have you tried a different monitor? I have had some monitors going bad that have acted like what you describe. Also, check your video cables.

wyldman68, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Yeah I have tried other monitors but right now I am using a LG 65" 4k IPS TV. My cables are new and are HDMI 2.0. I am sure that its either my desktop hardware or Windows 10 cause I am using Caffeine a small utility that is working to keep my screen on. I am lost cause I have tried many solutions but nothing fixes the issue completely. Thanks for the reply and I appreciate any other help also!

savannahmick, Jul 16, 2016
  7. hawkman Win User
    I take it that in power options, your tried using the, 2, prevent idle to sleep settings

Roy

hawkman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop!

1. I am about to throw my desktop out the window! Pc sleeps cant stop! - Similar Threads - throw desktop window

2. I am about to throw my pc out the window...because of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am about to throw my pc out the window...because of Windows.: Hello, so the update...and now ever single time my pc is running, it sounds like a really bad pingpong match. Literally, it is constantly pinging at me because of the idiotic device setup manager. I have tried to disable it, and it just turns itself back on. I need this...
  3. I am about to throw my pc out the window...because of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am about to throw my pc out the window...because of Windows.: Hello, so the update...and now ever single time my pc is running, it sounds like a really bad pingpong match. Literally, it is constantly pinging at me because of the idiotic device setup manager. I have tried to disable it, and it just turns itself back on. I need this...
  4. cant sign out on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant sign out on my pc: i cant sign out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-out-on-my-pc/77956709-5594-42f2-9ac8-aab85902d67d
  5. cant sign out on my pc

cant sign out on my pc: i cant sign out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-out-on-my-pc/77956709-5594-42f2-9ac8-aab85902d67d
  6. Cant disable bitlocker and i am logged out of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable bitlocker and i am logged out of windows: I have tried almost everything from articals or blogs or videos but nothing seems to workout. i think my laptop went into safe mode and now it is not opening with correct password and if i press forgot password it says explorer.exe system error.I searched to fix this for many...
  7. Cant disable bitlocker and i am logged out of windows

Cant disable bitlocker and i am logged out of windows: I have tried almost everything from articals or blogs or videos but nothing seems to workout. i think my laptop went into safe mode and now it is not opening with correct password and if i press forgot password it says explorer.exe system error.I searched to fix this for many...
  8. I am locked out of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my pc: I am locked out of my pc. It tells me i have entered an incorrect pin too many times. Now I don't even have the option to sign in with my password. How can i do a system restore to a previous date before this happened?Thank you!...
  9. I am locked out of my pc

I am locked out of my pc: I am locked out of my pc. It tells me i have entered an incorrect pin too many times. Now I don't even have the option to sign in with my password. How can i do a system restore to a previous date before this happened?Thank you!...
  10. I am completely locked out of my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am completely locked out of my PC: Today I got an Occulus Rift. While setting it up, I got stuck on "Sensors can't track headset." I tried literally everything on the entire internet and nothing worked even a little bit (but this isn't about the Rift, I'll have to try to fix that later if I can ever get back...