Windows 10: I am automatically logged in,but?

Discus and support I am automatically logged in,but? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I run a stand alone computer and I am automatically logged in,but all of a sudden it asks for my password .when returning from screen standby. 47278 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bluzeboy, Apr 13, 2016.

1. bluzeboy Win User

I am automatically logged in,but?

I run a stand alone computer and I am automatically logged in,but all of a sudden it asks for my password .when returning from screen standby.

:)

bluzeboy, Apr 13, 2016

2. Last logged on user is automatically logged on again after powerint-off and back on or restarting since Update to Windows 10 version 1709

Dear Greg,

To Stop Windows using the credentials to finish updates and similar things in the account options helped.

I applied this change to all accounts and the strange Auto-Login stopped.

Thanks!

Best regards

Martin

Martin0815, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Last logged on user is automatically logged on again after powerint-off and back on or restarting since Update to Windows 10 version 1709

Martin, see if you can untick the box to deselect log-in for each user. I know it works for built-in Admin. If not just have each user do it with Admin privileges.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Do you have the box checked for "On resume, display log-on screen"?

I am automatically logged in,but? [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 13, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    Another option to check is if you have "Password protection on wake-up" turned on.

I am automatically logged in,but? [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 13, 2016
  6. bluzeboy Win User
    everything was fine ,acting normally then all of a sudden i asks for a password to return to my startup screen.
    and your 2 suggestion were as they should be..

it says please enter your password again like its not reading it correctly

i enabled Change settings that are unavailable & ticked no password on statup
    & did it
    thanks for your help

bluzeboy, Apr 13, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Excellent - glad I could point you in the right direction.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I am automatically logged in,but? - Similar Threads - automatically logged

2. BSOD log in help. “Automatic repair”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD log in help. “Automatic repair”: Hello all. I need help, I have an older dell Inspiron and recently re-booted and now I’m in a blue screen of death cycle. It starts with an error message that says “your device ran into a problem and will now restart”. Then tries to reboot., with a note that says “preparing...
  3. BSOD log in help. “Automatic repair”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD log in help. “Automatic repair”: Hello all. I need help, I have an older dell Inspiron and recently re-booted and now I’m in a blue screen of death cycle. It starts with an error message that says “your device ran into a problem and will now restart”. Then tries to reboot., with a note that says “preparing...
  4. When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not...: When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not require a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-the-device-sleeps-when-the-device-is-turned/8aab87d7-1e04-4259-b555-5b8e134de409
  5. When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not...

When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not...: When the device sleeps, when the device is turned on, it automatically logs in and does not require a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-the-device-sleeps-when-the-device-is-turned/8aab87d7-1e04-4259-b555-5b8e134de409
  6. Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the...

Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the...: I curiously made an assigned access kiosk account with Edge as its app. After I logged out and tried logging onto the kiosk account, it said that the user profile service and in other tries it said ProfSvc failed and I cannot use the account at all. After I logged out, I saw...
  7. Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the...: I curiously made an assigned access kiosk account with Edge as its app. After I logged out and tried logging onto the kiosk account, it said that the user profile service and in other tries it said ProfSvc failed and I cannot use the account at all. After I logged out, I saw...
  8. Automatically logging onto an unloadable kiosk account without being able to log onto the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Create Job to clean transaction log automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Job to clean transaction log automatically: We are using DB Cluster and FC to provide volume for it. We are deploying Monitoring Appliaction in our systemEvery day, when we add a device and monitor it syncs a lot of logs on the MS SQL 2019 DB Note that for MSSQL we also built HA, including 2 DB with AG and listenerTo...
  10. Create Job to clean transaction log automatically

Create Job to clean transaction log automatically: We are using DB Cluster and FC to provide volume for it. We are deploying Monitoring Appliaction in our systemEvery day, when we add a device and monitor it syncs a lot of logs on the MS SQL 2019 DB Note that for MSSQL we also built HA, including 2 DB with AG and listenerTo...