Windows 10: I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever?

Discus and support I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating 4 PC’s to Win 10 PRO my ancient brain is stigmatized! One of the computers died because of my brain malfunctioning, so I have a spare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nodsirrah, Feb 27, 2018.

1. nodsirrah Win User

I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever?

After updating 4 PC’s to Win 10 PRO my ancient brain is stigmatized!

One of the computers died because of my brain malfunctioning, so I have a spare 320GB HDD which is a MBR clone of another one, unfortunatly it is not bootable because I forgot what I justfinished reading.

So, here is what i plan to do:
    One of my still living computers is a DELL with a 500GB MBR drive. I’d like to install the non-bootable drive in the DELL and combine the two drives into the DELL because it has thelarger capacity and is only a couple years old. My concern is how to get all the data etc.from the non-bootable drive merged the DELL and not loose anything from either of the HDD’s.
    I have done a lot of Googling and it seems like Syncing would be the most logical thing to do, but I have no experience Syncing and don’t know of a free program to use. I can’tuse Win 10 Sync because I don’t have a MS account.

Thanks folks, I think I’ll find something easy to do until I hear back, I know there some people that have a fully functioning brain that can help

Don*Smile

:)

nodsirrah, Feb 27, 2018

2. Cloning a dual boot Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2

Hello,

I have a 500GB HDD with Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2 running on different partitions. I am planning to upgrade the HDD to 1TB SSHD.

Will system clone, clone the various partitions on my HDD and will they be bootable?

Thanks.

Olugbengar, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Will Windows 10 with a 1TB HDD work alright with a External SATA HDD cloned drive?

Hi, I'm about to get an External HDD"flat docking station"with an USB 3.0 to clone from my internal HDD. Will it make a difference which drive I use with Windows 10? Also, I'll be cloning this drive from a 1TB drive that only has 130GB on it that's 50%
    fragmented (after I use the defagger) The HDD drive I'll be cloning to is also 1TB, will the fragmented files from the internal HDD show up on the cloned drive? I hope that's not a "dull" question.

deerpark243, Feb 27, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

The simplest way to achieve what you want is to make a system image of the working Dell onto an external HDD, then restore that image to a blank drive in the other Dell without a system on it.

For an MBR system the built-in Microsoft 'make a system image' tool should be sufficiently reliable. You will also need to make a Recovery Drive usb to boot from to perform the image restore (no need to 'include system files', you can untick that option).

See these tutorials...

Create System Image in Windows 10

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Thema:

1. I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever? - Similar Threads - confused HDD’s Sync

2. I am confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am confused: Hello, my name is joseph Im 18 I am calling on the community for some help. So this may seen weird that im 18 and i play roblox and use discord and stuff. So my dad blocks roblox and discord off of my computer. I have tried to go through regedit and cmd prompt and files also...
  3. I am really confused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am really confused: So my pc started doing weird things the last 3-4 days. The monitor started going black and turning back on again and it started flickering and I needed to restart my pc in order for it to fix. I turned off and on my monitor to see if that's the problem but it wouldn't change...
  4. Cloning hdd ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  5. I am so confused!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am so confused!: Okay so I just recently got the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 for Christmas. It is using Windows 10 and everything is up to date. I only got it 5 days ago. I really like it but whenever I am using a web browser I think it only happens when I'm on youtube the video will start to...
  6. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  7. I am Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am Confused: I just bought Java edition and I thought it would be like what what I see on YouTube but it's not, it's just like Pocket edition! I thought it would be different. Specifically mobs, like the fox is not in PE but I've seen that on Pc it's there! Please explain....
  8. Confusing partitions on HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  9. Confusing partitions on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Confusing partitions on HDD: I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 10. The nice thing about having two is the ability to compare them when something looks a little off or suspicious.One of my laptops had a terrible time with upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 (Computer A). The other was very smooth (Computer...
  10. (GPT) SSD to SSD cloning & Confused about alignment etc..

in Windows 10 Support
    (GPT) SSD to SSD cloning & Confused about alignment etc..: Hi, so I've recieved a shipment of several SSD's for different uses, one of which was to upgrade 2 Laptops (and changing out my desktops 250GB to a 500GB SSD) The first laptop was getting a 250GB SSD, I used a cloning kit that I've used before with success, (EZ GIG IV from...