Windows 10: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

Discus and support I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 14, 2015.

1. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available.
    I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the internet. When I click this Wifi Icon , a window pops up and on its top it shows my ssid and below it shows connected. Disconnect option is also here.
    Please suggest some remedial measure.
    I have already changed my Wifi adapter - previously it was Wayona and now I am using Prolink. Both works well.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 14, 2015
  2. Gianne DJ Win User

I am connected to the wifi but it says "No internet, secure."

Original Title: No internet, secure

I've just bought a Windows 10 for my new PC and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. I have a TP Link wireless adapter, downloaded the Win10 driver for it, but I still cannot access the internet. I am connected to the wifi but it says "No internet,
    secure."

I've tried everything on this article and there's still no internet: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

I am running Windows 10, 1607, OS Build 14393.105, 64-bit Operating System, on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 motherboard, Intel i7-6700K @4.00GHz, 8.00GB RAM. My wireless adapter is a TP Link WN0725N Wireless N Adapter with the latest driver version (1030.3.831.2015)
    from the TP Link website.

An ethernet cable does work when I use one.

Gianne DJ, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Gianne DJ Win User
    I am connected to the wifi but it says "No internet, secure."

To answer your questions:

• I tried some of them. I don't have an anti-virus software, so I didn't try that option. I was thinking it might have been because I was on Windows 10 1511, so I plugged in a ethernet cable (can connect to the internet via ethernet cable) and updated to
      Windows 10 1607, but I'm still not able to connect via wifi adapter.
    • You're referring to the drivers in Device Manager, right? Yes, I have updated them to the latest driver on TP Link's website.

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect [​IMG]
    • I am running Windows 10, 1607, OS Build 14393.51 on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 motherboard. Intel i7-6700K @4.00GHz. 8.00GB RAM. 64-bit Operating System.
    • Yes, I am able to access the internet with my laptop running on Windows 7 Home Basic, my phone, etc.
    Method 1: I tried it a few times, chose WIFI when asked which adapter I'd like to troubleshoot, saw "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration."

Method 2: This is what I saw:

Restarted, still nothing.

Gianne DJ, Oct 14, 2015
  4. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

nigelmercier, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

1. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect - Similar Threads - connected internet toolbar

2. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can’t login. Error says need internet connection, but I am connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login. Error says need internet connection, but I am connected.: Just did latest Windows update on Sunday. Laptop worked fine on Monday. Tried to login on Tuesday and couldn’t. I have Windows 11. I am connected to a high-speed internet. I cannot sign-in and keep getting an error that I need to connect to the internet to login. I have not...
  6. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  7. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  8. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  9. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  10. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toolbar says not connected to internet when i actually am

2. toolbar say not connected