Windows 10: I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

Discus and support I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear sir, Before friday windows update, other network pc were able to access my pc. But after update other pc are unable to access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PRASHANTNAYAKSATNA, Aug 22, 2018.

1. I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

Dear sir,

Before friday windows update, other network pc were able to access my pc. But after update other pc are unable to access my pc whereas I am able to access all other pc. kindly help. See error images for reference.

:)

PRASHANTNAYAKSATNA, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 22, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. farlex85 Win User

I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

Sharing Problems

Thanks for the suggestion, that menu is new to me, but no they're both checked. The problem isn't just the printing, I can't access PC1 at all. I should at least be able to get into shared files or devices but I just always get that error.

Windows Firewall and avast on both. I've disabled both on both computers temporarily to no avail. The problem seemingly lies elsewhere.

farlex85, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING

1. I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILE AND PRINTER SHARING - Similar Threads - FACING PROBLEM FILE

2. Facing Problem in connecting shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Problem in connecting shared printer: Dear Sir,i have a server with OS Windows Server 2012 R2 in which all printer are connected and this printer are been shared to everyone in our organization. But the laptop user with windows 10 and windows 11 are unable to connect this printer as they are getting errors saying...
  3. Facing Problem in connecting shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing Problem in connecting shared printer: Dear Sir,i have a server with OS Windows Server 2012 R2 in which all printer are connected and this printer are been shared to everyone in our organization. But the laptop user with windows 10 and windows 11 are unable to connect this printer as they are getting errors saying...
  4. Facing Problem in connecting shared printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  6. I am facing a problem recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing a problem recently.: Every time when I turn on or restart my computer, it shows me 0xc000012f notice, also I can't go to the security setting to set up, it's constantly freezing there.I am using windows 11 pro, so how can I fix this problem...
  7. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  8. Facing Problem In Printing On Shared Printer In Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Facing Problem In Printing On Shared Printer In Network: There is problem in sharing printer which was working proper before few days ago after some security update now Facing Problem In Printing On Shared Printer In Network...
  9. i am facing a lot of problems ;)

i am facing a lot of problems ;): so i recently bought a new wireless adapter the tp link wn8200nd .before this i had another tp link product that didnt have support for windows 10. anyways for some reason my internet coonection gets really slow from time to time and my adapter may disconnect randomly(which...
  10. Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Printer Problems and File Share Problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some tinkering. Now both printers...