Windows 10: I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10.

Discus and support I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10. What would you conceder the best way of keeping both computers data etc the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barry, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Barry Win User

I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10.

Hi, I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10.

What would you conceder the best way of keeping both computers data etc the same?

Thanks for any suggestions,

:)

Barry, Feb 25, 2016
  2. 5rollason Win User

File transfer windows 10 to windows 10 using backup and restore

I have a PC running W7 and plan to buy a new PC in a few days with W10 preinstalled. In order to transfer files & settings (not applications) I am proposing to upgrade the W7 PC to W10, then backup files & settings on the old PC with the intention of restoring
    those files & settings on the new PC. Does this seem a reasonable plan?

5rollason, Feb 25, 2016
  3. "W10 will not run" when it already is running

I am trying to run the latest W10 update and get the message that "W10 will not run on this PC" with the reason "CPU isn't supported (1GHz required)". This despite having already installed W10 - twice!. This happened when I tried to run the last update
    and I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch. I don't want to do that again! I'm sure there must be a fix for this.

Here's the info:

PC is running W10 version 14393, and I am trying to update to 15063

My CPU is Intel Core i7-4790k 4GHz.

The last succesful update (according to my update history) was:

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based systems (KB4013214) a few days ago.

Can someone help?

John Dobson

JohnDobson4610, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Use OneDrive?
    Or Access from your network(router) and drag & drop.

Cliff S, Feb 25, 2016
  5. Barry Win User
    OK thanks, I will look into using OneDrive.
    To access from your network(router) and drag & drop, this would need both computers on all the time I think.

Barry, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Feb 25, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    I would not keep the files synced between both. The profiles can end up out of sync.

I would store files on a NAS and use Local accounts, not Live account.

bro67, Feb 26, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

As long as you are not using both computers at the same time, a simple solution would be a USB stick or disk containing all data. My wife and me do it that way because our computers are spread over 3 locations thousands of miles apart. We carry our own 'cloud'. I don't trust this web-cloud.

Thema:

1. I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10. - Similar Threads - getting another few

2. My PC crashes a few times a day when I am playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes a few times a day when I am playing games.: When I play a game usually after I have been playing for a few hours, my screen just freezes but I can usually still hear Spotify playing in the background.I feel like I have tried everything.I have Windows 10.Specs:RAM 48 GBProcessor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. My PC crashes a few times a day when I am playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes a few times a day when I am playing games.: When I play a game usually after I have been playing for a few hours, my screen just freezes but I can usually still hear Spotify playing in the background.I feel like I have tried everything.I have Windows 10.Specs:RAM 48 GBProcessor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60...
  4. My PC crashes a few times a day when I am playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  6. I get BSOD every few days.

I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  7. I keep getting BSODs in the past few days

I keep getting BSODs in the past few days: Bluescreenviewer is telling me ntoskrnl.exe+1c23c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+1c23c0 caused the BSOD. But it doesn't really tell me anything. Here are the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!As0S06o3-mVr36k-tQTUVWuoMh7_iQ?e=AiYRfc Please help. Thanks....
  8. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  9. Few days of BSOD getting annoyed!

Few days of BSOD getting annoyed!: Hello, I built my new PC back in September and decided to buy Windows 10 because I brought Windows 7 when it was new and never had an issue. However Windows 10 is not working to well. From September the computer has been fine until last week, Which is when it would go to a...
  10. iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days.

iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days.: I've notice iTunes does not run if my PC has been left on for a few days. If you click it then it runs as a process but has no window, no message, no anything. If I reboot the PC then it runs right away. Never had any iTunes problem with win7. Running win10 pro 64-bit,...