Windows 10: I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender

Discus and support I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can sign in as administrator and setup my gmail in mail but when I try to set it up in my regular account it will not work. is there any way that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ajango, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ajango Win User

I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender

I can sign in as administrator and setup my gmail in mail but when I try to set it up in my regular account it will not work. is there any way that I can open the mail ap. as administrator?

:)

ajango, Jul 7, 2018
  2. mdm-adph Win User

GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Jul 7, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender - Similar Threads - having trouble setting

2. Trouble setting up a family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble setting up a family account: Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same...
  3. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  4. cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail: I can send emails from all 3 gmail accounts using windows mail but cannot receive emails from 2 of them. All have been configured alike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-gmail-from-2-of-3-gmail-accounts/de98b1e6-f2e4-48c2-90d5-5491a77c34ab
  5. Mail and Calender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail and Calender: hello is this mail app safe to use please tell[ATTACH] please ttell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calender/892fd669-2bd6-47aa-b1a1-e60923a9b676
  6. Mail and Calender

Mail and Calender: Mail and Calender is a great app for windows 10. Its a great alternative for outlook. But the main issue is all its constituent apps are separated. So for opening calender from mail, u have to open a separate app... So what if all the apps get combined? pls review...
  7. i am not install gmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am not install gmail account: i am not install gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-not-install-gmail-account/8dbee3ca-4633-4fb7-8451-e73defb3d12d
  8. calender and mail

calender and mail: keep folder pane open. cannot be sure if I am in mail or calendar and mail. folder pane keeps collapsing. any way to prevent this behavior. are there any keyboard shortcuts to open folder pane?...
  9. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app: Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this, Ideas anyone? [ATTACH]...
  10. Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does having a Gmail account Set Up On Windows Mail Allow Microsoft To Read My Email in Gmail?: Hello, So I am using the Mail and Calendar App on Windows 10 with my Gmail account. I am wondering, does this allow Microsoft employees to access and read my email in my Gmail account? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Im having problems setting up an email account

2. Im having a hard time setting up my Gmail account

3. Im having problems setting up my Gmail account

4. having problems setting up my gmail account,
  5. having trouble setting up mail account