Windows 10: I am In Trouble

Discus and support I am In Trouble in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows 10 Acer Aspire labtop froze up yesterday so I did a forced shutdown. It will not turn on since then. I have a windows 10 of my sister's HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Loopygram, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Loopygram Win User

I am In Trouble

My windows 10 Acer Aspire labtop froze up yesterday so I did a forced shutdown. It will not turn on since then. I have a windows 10 of my sister's HP laptop here which was already back to factory default. When mine stopped turning on, I got this idea to restore my latest backup onto her computer which it did, however, now i cant do anything on her laptop because it says i need to activate windows 10 so i suppose that means my backup messed up her computer. I just want to take her's back to factory but it wont allow me to open settings or start menue or control panel...nothing. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help.

Loopy

:)

Loopygram, Aug 20, 2017

2. I am having trouble signing in

I'm sorry, but doing this didn't help me at all. I can sign-in to my computer but with a
    temporary account as before.

Please suggest me some other way.

And I'm very grateful to your your kind response.

Harshit_Mishra, Aug 20, 2017
  3. John Ado Win User
    I am having trouble signing in

Sam, let's follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link

Share with us the results.

Thank you.

John Ado, Aug 20, 2017
  4. I am In Trouble

F11 on power up will restore the HP to factory.

Comp Cmndo, Aug 20, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    I did a forced shutdown. It will not turn on since then.

Assuming 'will not turn on' means it's not booting vs will not power on, at all, get to Advance Startup by force shut down 3 times and allow Recovery/Repair console to open. Then select and option. You can also get there by repeatedly hitting F2 as SOON as you see the 'acer' logo until it shows up. If you have not deleted the mfr recovery partition, you can reset to orig factory condition or use Windows repair or reset to not lose files and programs. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 20, 2017
  6. Loopygram Win User
    After pressing F11 I get the blue screen that says recovery BUT it says the device needs to be repaired and that I need to use recovery tools. If I dont have any installation media to contact the administrator which is me. At the bottom i get three otions 1) press enter and try again 2) pressF8 for startup settings and 3) press esc for UEFI settings. Nothing happens on any of those commands

Loopy

Loopygram, Aug 20, 2017
  7. Loopygram Win User
    It means it will not even turn on. No blinking lights on the front - nothing, nada, zip. Everything is backed up so I am ok there but it just will not turn. I can't take the battery out like we used to do as it is all enclosed inside the lsptop somewhere. I appreciate your help though. I am In Trouble :)

Loopygram, Aug 21, 2017
  8. I am In Trouble

Did you make a Rescue USB or DVD? That would probably work.

Fisher Mann, Aug 21, 2017
  9. Stevekir Win User
    I have a rescue DVD, made in Macrium. It is used to boot the computer even when it refuses to boot and copies a Macrium image of the C drive which you have previously got Macrium to make. It got me out of a serious failure once and I was back working within minutes. Highly recommended.

Stevekir, Aug 21, 2017
  10. Loopygram Win User
    yes I did but the laptop doesn't see it or read it. The problem is that when I used my backup, which would include my windows, I never thought about my windows over riding the windows on her laptop. I'm kicking myself now. They are both windows 10. Appreciate your help

Loopygram, Aug 21, 2017
  11. Stevekir Win User
    I'm puzzled. Booting the problem laptop from a Rescue DVD and then allowing Macrium to copy an image made previously (as is my post # 7) will overwrite everything on the troublesome machine including its version of windows. That's normal.

Re-reading your post, perhaps your Rescue DVD was made on your own laptop. If so it could be that using it to rescue the other laptop would never work. I think the only way is to re-install Windows from Microsoft's site (a pain to re-install programs etc) but perhaps someone else has a less disruptive way.

Stevekir, Aug 21, 2017
  12. Loopygram Win User
    I do have macrium list in the start page to choose but when I choose it It asks for my windows installation disc. I made macrium PE on a usb but its not recognized.
    Very frustrating but have to work now. Will be back this evening. Appreciate your help

Loopygram, Aug 21, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

I am In Trouble

@Loopygram

Just a guess. When you say "start page" I assume you mean the Boot Menu. If the option is there, but it tells you something like "Windows needs to be repaired, insert your install media", etc. , most likely cause is the boot entries for Macrium are missing or corrupted. Try MSCONFIG from a command prompt and delete the Macrium entry. Go into Macrium and add the Boot Menu option again. See if that straightens it out. Your USB Macrium will only be seen if you actually try to boot from the usb device, either set thru BIOS or one-time option. The Boot Menu option looks for the WinPE Macrium files to boot from. Same result, but different ways to access Macrium.

f14tomcat, Aug 21, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would suggest you download and make a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

It has Macrium Reflect on it as well as loads of other tools. The way you make a bootable USB flash drive is to insert the flash drive in a Windows computer, open a Command Prompt (Admin) or "Run as administrator" Command Prompt and run:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the flash drive
    clean <- this will erase everything on the disk selected above!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

Then mount the ISO file you downloaded and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. Creating the flash drive this way will give you one that will boot in both UEFI and legacy BIOS computers.

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2017
  15. Loopygram Win User
    Thanks everybody. I will look at your replies earnestly this evening. Didn't have time last night but I'm appreciating your help so much

I promise I'm not ignoring anyone

Loopy

Loopygram, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

I am In Trouble

1. I am In Trouble - Similar Threads - Trouble

2. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  3. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  4. My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  5. My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  6. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  7. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  8. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  9. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  10. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...