Windows 10: i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

Discus and support i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by richardtaylor325, Jul 19, 2018.

1. i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

:)

richardtaylor325, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 19, 2018
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Jul 19, 2018
  4. i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

1. i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error - Similar Threads - running defender turn

2. My windows security and defender settings keeps turning off when i am using it normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows security and defender settings keeps turning off when i am using it normally: Hello how is your easter going, This has been going on for like 3 weeks. How i know all windows security are turned offis when i am finished with a tab like watching something i go to click the page closed or i try to click bookmarks and i can not click on anything. all tabs...
  3. My windows security and defender settings keeps turning off when i am using it normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows security and defender settings keeps turning off when i am using it normally: Hello how is your easter going, This has been going on for like 3 weeks. How i know all windows security are turned offis when i am finished with a tab like watching something i go to click the page closed or i try to click bookmarks and i can not click on anything. all tabs...
  4. Win7 Windows Defender is turned off yet msmpeng.exe keeps on running. ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win7 Windows Defender is turned off yet msmpeng.exe keeps on running. ???: I'd like to try life without msmpeng.exe running. As it has never ever found anything I question its purpose. Can Win7 be run without msmpeng.exe? If not why do they allow Windows Defender to be turned off when it obviously isn't being turned off?...
  5. Win7 Windows Defender is turned off yet msmpeng.exe keeps on running. ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Windows Defender is turned off yet msmpeng.exe keeps on running. ???: I'd like to try life without msmpeng.exe running. As it has never ever found anything I question its purpose. Can Win7 be run without msmpeng.exe? If not why do they allow Windows Defender to be turned off when it obviously isn't being turned off?...
  6. Win7 Windows Defender is turned off yet msmpeng.exe keeps on running. ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I am unable to Turn on Windows Defender

I am unable to Turn on Windows Defender: My laptop suddenly went to the blue screen saying it needs to restart. Ever since it is running extremely slow. Windows defender threat security got disabled and is not turning back on. The registry “DisableAntiSpyware” got deleted. I tried to restore at an earlier point but...
  8. Windows Defender Running Error

Windows Defender Running Error: I bought a computer a few weeks ago. It is running Windows 10 home in S mode. I just found the following error in the Event log. It is about a Windows Defender error. Can anyone tell me if anything wrong with my machine. Has my machine been affected by any virus/malware?...
  9. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop: it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks...
  10. I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?: I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? * Original title: Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-am-running-norton-security-how-do-i-turn-off/43ce2040-06f4-4389-9636-ad2a5c5d20f9