Windows 10: I am seriously thinking rolling back to Win7. So many bugs!

Discus and support I am seriously thinking rolling back to Win7. So many bugs! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have to say that I was really excited installing Windows 10 on my machine and I was from the first ones that did the upgrade from August... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kouzou, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kouzou Win User

I am seriously thinking rolling back to Win7. So many bugs!

Hello,

I have to say that I was really excited installing Windows 10 on my machine and I was from the first ones that did the upgrade from August even.

Sadly, I keep getting disappointed with all these bugs that came along with Windows 10 upgrade and I am at a point where I am seriously thinking of rolling back to Windows 7, thankfully I still got my Win 7 CDs.

There are more bugs that I have noticed through out this time that I have been using Windows 10 but I will list the most important ones.

- Network protocols missing
    I did my researches, and I found that big thread about this bug, but unfortunately with no surprise none of their solutions helped me, and no making a complete 'format' clean installing AGAIN Windows 10 from scratch is not considered as a proper solution.

- Task Manager - High Memory/Disk usage
    Basicaly, althouth i tried A LOT of solutions you never really know when it's gonna strike you again with 97% Disk usage.
    One time it's fixed the next day you open your laptop or during the day it can sky rocket again.

- Action Center Icon bugs
    Many of the icons there, are randomly activating without even working.
    Whenever I open PC there will be at least ONE icon activated such as 'Airplane mode' or 'Quiet hours' while in reality I'v never enabled these icons neither my PC is in Airplane mode, just the icon is enabled for no absolute reason.
    I have to restart PC or something like in order for it to start properly without any 'bugs'.

Which comes to the conclusion, if I am not able to know when my PC has started properly without any bugs then what's the point using Windows 10?
    It's becoming clear enough that your machine will open with full of bugs, just pray to 'Gods' not to effect your work that you wanna do on your PC, either gaming, editing, anything.

Thanks.

:)

kouzou, Mar 4, 2016

2. Can Windows 10 be rolled back?

Yes I'd like to know if I could roll back to win7 and win 8 on my two separate laptops if it all goes wrong. I think that is really important otherwise if the install fails or it slows your PC down like vista did, I think having the roll back feature is
    seriously required.

Chairman AL, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Integrated camera not working on Skype since Windows 10 update

Fixed camera in my laptop HP ProBook 4540s works fine in Win10 Camera App but not on Skype. The camera is turned on as the indicator light is on. Though in Skype video settings I can only see the black screen instead of picture. So, the bug is definitely
    in Skype, as the camera worked fine before the recent update. I am thinking seriously of turning back to Win7 or Linux. As I do need my laptop for work.

VictorYablonsky, Mar 4, 2016
  4. I am seriously thinking rolling back to Win7. So many bugs!

Hi have you run SFC scannow or in-place upgrade
    Both links are in my signature
    Read both right through so you understand what you have to do
    Before you try them

hTconeM9user, Mar 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Would you mind doing a Clean Install ?
    Start fresh. Nothing will be kept. No carry-over baggage.
    Should you decide to do that, make sure backup your personal files you want to keep first. You will have to reinstall all your 3rd party programs.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Mar 4, 2016
  6. howver1 Win User
    I performed the clean install with limited success, I still have bugs and issues. I have updated all drivers and have attempted some fixes with no progress.

howver1, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Drybonz Win User
    I went back to Win 8.1 and I'm perfectly happy. Nothing that I miss from 10 at all and, like you, I was dealing with too many irritating issues on 10.

Drybonz, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Archie123 Win User

You dont need your old win 7 disks to roll back aslong as you didnt delete your windows.old folder after your upgrade im fairly sure there is a "rollback" option *Smile

Archie123, Mar 4, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Most people don't have these issues, so it's a little hard to view them as "bugs". More likely, they're misconfigurations or bad drivers.

You mention reinstalling drivers, and other issues that lead me to suspect you are doing something to cause these problems, such as installing an incompatible driver (which you keep doing each time you re-install, so you keep seeing the same problems).

Ultimately, it may be that your system isn't fully compatible with Windows 10 if there are no compatible drivers. Unfortunately, not every hardware vendor releases updated drivers for the new OS.

I see a lot of people who inadvertently cause their own issues. They run "privacy" tools that mess up their registry, or they install drivers they think they need and those drivers are not compatible. Sometimes people try to move stuff around because they want things a certain way, and that way isn't compatible with Windows 10.

Regardless, there's a process you have to follow to determine what the real problems are. And that's to start with a clean install with no external software or drivers. No tweaks, no nothing, and tracking down the issues.

Mystere, Mar 4, 2016
  10. Hey ... I understand!

I "upgraded" three Win7 PCs to Win10 -- for friends and family -- and have already restored two of those to Win7 -- at the request of the PC owners.

I saw on another forum, which has been tracking the "rollback" of their members from Win10 to their prior OSs, that about 10% have gone back -- so far.

So, not everyone is elated about Win10.

Mark Phelps, Mar 4, 2016
  11. fireberd Win User
    I so some part-time PC support. ALL of my clients that have compatible hardware have been upgraded to Win 10 and NONE want to go back.

fireberd, Mar 4, 2016
  12. Johannes Win User
    So far I have been happy with Windows 10.
    As with any new OS, it will take some time to work out all the bugs.

Johannes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I am seriously thinking rolling back to Win7. So many bugs! - Similar Threads - seriously thinking rolling

2. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Roll back to Windows 10 from the seriously awful Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to Windows 10 from the seriously awful Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 3 weeks ago abd I have never been angrier with a suuplier in my life. A huge amount of work done customising Windows 10 was just blown away. Micrsoft should warn you specifically about this. Now I find that I could have rolled it back to W10 but only...
  6. Roll back to Windows 10 from the seriously awful Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to Windows 10 from the seriously awful Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 3 weeks ago abd I have never been angrier with a suuplier in my life. A huge amount of work done customising Windows 10 was just blown away. Micrsoft should warn you specifically about this. Now I find that I could have rolled it back to W10 but only...
  7. i dont know but, i think this is serious

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i dont know but, i think this is serious: whenever i open an app, and i started typing or clicking, it always open help or support pages automatically without any commands, it rapidly sends a lot of signals that crashes windows. it happens in almost all apps, i have asked this in the past but all the suggestions...
  8. I am serious.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am serious.: I spent 3 hour on resolve a issue. But! I didn't resolve. Can you believe it? I suffer from that massage. I can't execute any thing because of that. So I asked microsoft support team then they decide to do a clean installation. So I downloaded that whereas, I just see massage...
  9. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...
  10. Serious bug in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious bug in Windows: I have noticed a serious bug in Windows. It's happened before but I didn't know why. Now I think I do! This happened today on all three of our machines. All were left on a while, idle enough time for Windows defender to do some kind of background auto scan. After I went to...