Windows 10: I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work

Discus and support I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 on my laptop stopped working so i decided to reinstall windows using a USB. I changed the boot prority, and i pressed system repair. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHenein, Jul 19, 2018.

1. I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work

Windows 10 on my laptop stopped working so i decided to reinstall windows using a USB. I changed the boot prority, and i pressed system repair. After that I was supposed to press system restore, but it didn't work. It said "To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, then select System Restore."

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

:)

DavidHenein, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Widjaja Win User

I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work

Windows XP doesn't not detect anti-virus after system restore

I system restored after noticing nero was not removed properly so I system restored which didn't work and now security center thinks I have no anti virus installed when I do.

How do I get rid of this problem besides switching to monitoring the anti virus myself to get rid of the red shield in the system tray?
    I can't possibly need to reinstall windows to get rid of the problem?

Widjaja, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work

1. I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work - Similar Threads - trying reinstall system

2. I am trying to reinstall FeedBack Hub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to reinstall FeedBack Hub.: Hi All, I found someone with Microsoft tech help on one of the forums with Windows Powershell code to get and actuivate Feed Back Hub.As you can see from the image, windows did not like that.Can anyone help please, or is this a nother microsft tech support phone call.Thanks...
  3. I am trying to format my drive but it doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to format my drive but it doesn't work: So I have been trying to format my second ssd that I want to put into another pc. It doesn't have any folders in it but I want to change it's format. I have been trying to format it a few times, but it just keeps saying something about it already being used by some...
  4. I am trying to format my drive but it doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to format my drive but it doesn't work: So I have been trying to format my second ssd that I want to put into another pc. It doesn't have any folders in it but I want to change it's format. I have been trying to format it a few times, but it just keeps saying something about it already being used by some...
  5. I am trying to format my drive but it doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System restore after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore after reinstalling Windows: I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to complete a system restore because I really don't want to lose everything. I've forgotten the admin password, and it isn't...
  7. System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b): Hello Tenforums-Community, I've recently started getting an issue with my Windows-10 Restore tool. It just fails with the description (translated) "The Original Copy of the Directory could not be extracted from the Restoration point. Source: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps...
  8. System Restore or Reinstall Windows 10

System Restore or Reinstall Windows 10: About a week ago I suspected a third party had accessed my computer. Since that time, I have not experienced any unusual activity on my PC. However, I want to be proactive to protect my PC. I realize reinstalling Windows 10 would be a protective corrective action. But...
  9. System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...: I have tried to restore my computer, and the program continues to exit program before restore is finished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-will-not-work-i-have-tried-partial/a1076470-735e-4571-9a9a-a4f561bd7e12
  10. system restore doesn't work

system restore doesn't work: hi guys, my system restore doesn't work. ive just spent almost 3 hours online with a Microsoft techie who advised that my Lenovo disc drive was not compatible with the latest critical update that came out last night from MS. we tried loads of stuff (well they did remotely)...