Windows 10: When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.

Discus and support When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. How do I eliminate Chrome from opening automatically?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jerry6ft8, Dec 14, 2018.

1. jerry6ft8 Win User

When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.

Windows 10. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. How do I eliminate Chrome from opening automatically?

:)

jerry6ft8, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Jan 22, 2020
  4. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.

Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.

1. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. - Similar Threads - open EDGE internet

2. Windows is derailed when opening Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is derailed when opening Edge or Chrome: I have a very nasty problem that used to occur only now and then in the past and resolved itself after a reboot. But as of today the reboot doesn't help anymore and I hope that anyone can help me avoiding a fresh Windows install. As soon as I open an Edge or Chrome browser...
  3. Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.: When I search for a pdf in the windows search bar and click it, it opens the PDF in Microsoft edge instead of chrome. I have chrome as my default browser and chrome as the default app by file type already. How can I get the file to open in chrome? submitted by...
  4. 80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?

80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?: On the other occasion, it will even open a random site related to it. For example, I was doing some research on a famous geologist named Charles Lyell, when I clicked to the Wikipedia website it opened a Wallmart page for a painting of him. Help please. submitted by...
  5. When I click on start button it also opens search

When I click on start button it also opens search: Hey, just updated to windows 2004 and whenever I try to click on start button or use the start key on my keyboard it also opens the new search windows on top of the start and I can't use start since that happens. Any fixes are appreciated :) submitted by /u/lokwaniyash...
  6. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...
  7. Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening: Hi, Chrome and Edge browsers are not opening. I uninstalled chrome a few times, I could not open as administrator, and when I run troubleshooter compatibility, the program will not open for Test Program. I recently updated Windows 10 - 2018-11 cumulative update for windows...
  8. AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...: AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN RUNNING OLDER VERSION 1809 THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIMME I GET UPDATES THATS WHY I KEEP OLDER VERSION CHROME OPENS SHOULD I NEVER ACCEPT UPDATES...
  9. Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it?: I have a Chrome browser window open and it in turn has a window open to allow me to upload a file. I clicked open and it sort of went away and sort of didn't. Please try watching the brief clip below and then put that situation into words because it defies me. Is the file...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...