Windows 10: I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop

Discus and support I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Previously I had had a phishing Page perhaps linked to a disappearing on/off icon appear on my Desktop, This Icon had then Appeared, After running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Jul 14, 2017.

1. billz Win User

I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop

Previously I had had a phishing Page perhaps linked to a disappearing on/off icon appear on my Desktop, This Icon had then Appeared, After running the programs listed. The ICON had disapeared and the Forum advised me to run 1, Malware bytes Adw, 2 Rkill and not restart, then JRT, then Rkill again
    This I did.
    It has just reappeared again on my desktop. Is it something from microsoft Windows 10?
    It has a well designed look. after clicking on it to see what it was, I got the Page as shown on my attachment.
    When deleting it using the X in top RHS,
    The ICON has gone again. Any Ideas I am certainly not going to click any further if it re-appears.

:)

billz, Jul 14, 2017
  2. TP 2018 Win User

I believe I have been hacked

It is normal for developer options to be opened on desktops? My office has 3 desktops and all have the developers console opened. Ads are now popping up on mine and the console says "Recording Network Traffic." I KNOW a hacker is in my phone.

[Original Title: Hacked]

TP 2018, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Ruthie515 Win User
    how can I create a shortcut on the desktop? I have a website I would like to create a shortcut for and nothing I try has worked. Thanks

create shortcut on desktop

Ruthie515, Jul 14, 2017
  4. AndreyT Win User

The icon is standard Windows "Homegroup" icon. What happens when you click on it also looks perfectly standard. Nothing "malwarish" about it.

Why it is appearing/disappearing on your desktop is a different question. Is it really appearing/disappearing?

And why do you mention "phishing"? Did it ask you to enter any logins/passwords?

AndreyT, Jul 14, 2017
  5. bookfox Win User
    bookfox, Jul 14, 2017
  6. billz Win User
    AndreyT and bookfox, Thank you for responding . I have had the Icon now appear and disappear twice. The First time I associated it with a Chrome lookalike Phishing Full page "Icon" appearance on my desktop, this I very nearly did as was requested, as I use Chrome. but stopped just in time and sought help from the TenForum and was helped by simrik and Bree.
    The homegroup icon just disappeared as did the Chrome Phishing page. The Homegroup icon appeared again yesterday so I thought I had better get advice from he TenForum. I had not requested it to appear on my desktop and it could be useful to explore. but there was nothing to indicate it is a windows folder and I assumed it is a fake. If a Chrome Full page "Icon" popped up on my desktop unasked for and associated with the same "unlabeled homepage Icon". Now suddenly popped I am very suspicious. To be certain I will now follow your link advice and remove it , then reinstall it from the advised website link,
    I have just had a look at the link to Bree's tutorial on the subject and it seems that others have also had it appear and disappear, any way I now now it's safe. thankyou.

billz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop - Similar Threads - believe Phishing shortcut

2. I believe my account on the Phone have been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe my account on the Phone have been hacked: ibought a CUBOT NOTE 20 PRO smartphone from Amazon on may 24 2021. My bank acct showed transactions i did not make on june 29. ihad bank check access to online banking feature. luckily, because the techs weere able to discover that my acct was remote accessed and used. they...
  3. I believe this is an Phishing email

I believe this is an Phishing email: Received an e mail from Microsoft Defender but from a g mail. My e mail but nit my name. They say they are billing me 400.00 for Microsoft Defender I do not want to call the number they provided. I think it is pfishing but cannot find where to forward it to...
  4. I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry

I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry: Hi, I think my pc has a virus in explorer.exe HKU\S-1-5-21-2973291222-4259185829-4242739047-165829\ SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN1...
  5. I have issue with Multiple Phishing Emails

I have issue with Multiple Phishing Emails: For 6 weeks I have been receiving at least 15 phishing emails a day. They do go into junk but I have to then manually block each one. The same headings crop up and I tried to create a rule to permanently delete anything with those headings but it does not work. Also tried...
  6. I believe , my PC have been hacked

I believe , my PC have been hacked: For a long time a susspected that i am Hacked. Now i'm shure. In subject i send you a event that i saw on my pc. I did not connect to any devices but there was this event, high CPU usage by the NSI service, laptop overheatting, and my computer is now a workgroup. My network...
  7. I believe I have been scammed....

I believe I have been scammed....: A year ago, I fell for a scam by someone that I met online. This person informed me that I had a number of corrupt files on my laptop and that he and his team would be able to rid of them. As well, I was "sold" on signing up for a year on their technical services. The...
  8. I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan

I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan: Hello, I need help to get rid of the -several times asked I guess- $recycle.bin trojan I tried with Hitman Pro, McAfee, and creating a batch file and nothing before I am asked "how do I know it is a trojan?" very simple, I cant access several folders, such as: My...
  9. I believe , I have been hacked

I believe , I have been hacked: I have an email from myself apparently, my router has been hacked and all my data will be sent if I don't pay what should I do [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-believe-i-have-been-hacked/1d887f62-a9d3-4564-aea7-4f6a1b34c016
  10. I believe, I have ransomware

I believe, I have ransomware: I'm being chased by a ransom ware virus that claims that my computer is randomly sending out my account number and other information. I just got this computer from a repair shop without any protection so I need the best blocker that won't also block any authorized content as...