Windows 10: I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

Discus and support I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis to backup to it. I have formatted the hard drive too. To see if that would fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by hollyoaks777, Mar 1, 2017.

1. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis to backup to it. I have formatted the hard drive too. To see if that would fix the problem, but it never I can only use the Seagate software to backup to it. I have no idea why this is a problem as I have used Seagate for years now. Any ideas welcome, oh and also checked the disk for errors there was none. Thank you in advance.

I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis [​IMG]

:)

hollyoaks777, Mar 1, 2017

2. Recovery Disk for Windows 10

By the way, if your computer uses a Seagate, Western Digital, or one of a few other HDD brands, there is a free version of Acronis available from the HDD manufacturers website.

For Western Digital drives look to
    http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx

For Seagate drives look at
    http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda-xt/discwizard-master-dl/

If you have another make of hard drive, just go to the manufacturers website and search for downloads related to your HDD. It's also best if you use the free version to download the software that matches an external hard drive since you can install it on
    multiple PCs and just use it when that external drive is plugged into it.

DavidHall_528, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Retrieve the files on Seagate external hard drive

Original title: Seagate external hard drive

How do I retrieve the files I have on my Seagate external hard drive?

Keith.M.Scott63, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

The message seems to be a read so it suggest it you internal hd that has a fault

Samuria, Mar 1, 2017
  5. Really. Why is the Seagate software able to backup? Running a check disk on c drive. Just now. I'll get back to you on that. Thanks for the help.

6. Samuria Win User
    are you doing an image with acronis if seagate is backing up files it may not touch disk faults an inage will read all the disk not just files

Samuria, Mar 1, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    I wouldn't use any Acronis software after a bad experience with it a couple of years ago. I recommend using Macrium Reflect Free for system backup.

Steve C, Mar 1, 2017
  8. primevyl Win User

Incidentally, every seagate drive I've ever owned has crashed, whereas my western digital drives (a few of them older than the seagates) still work fine.

I am not familiar with your software, but I suggest using new hardware

primevyl, Mar 1, 2017
  9. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis [​IMG]

I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis [​IMG]

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Acronis is Junk software, I stopped using it years ago... I agree with you Steve.

Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software

OldMike65, Mar 1, 2017
  11. How do you do a restore with Macrium as I done a test with it last year and during reboot. I got an error message. I can't remember what it said. But it was something to do with the way Windows 10 is made to boot. I am sure. Thanks in advance.

12. OldMike65 Win User
    When you make your Macrium Rescue disk (USB Stick) you have to format it using Fat32 1st, or it will not boot under Windows 10. That was most likely why yours would not bootup.

OldMike65, Mar 1, 2017
  13. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

What size of usb stick do I need? And do I stick the usb stick in along with the external hard drive? Is the usb stick just to boot? And then it will automatically look for the backup on external hard drive after boot?

14. OldMike65 Win User
    You don't need a very big one Holly, 4GB stick will work fine. They are very cheap too. Macrium will find your external drive as long as its on, when you boot to Macrium's rescue disk. If it does not, you can search for it using Macrium. Takes a little while learning about how to use Macrium, but its one of the best backup programs around, and its free. I bought it myself after using the free version for a while. Also when making your complete image, always make sure you have Macrium Verify your backup. That is a option you can check mark on, in the setup screen.

OldMike65, Mar 1, 2017
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    You also don't need to boot to the Macrium Rescue disk if you are making a complete backup image, you can do this from your installed Macrium program installed on your Windows 10. When you want to restore a backup image, THEN you would use your Macrium rescue disk. After making your rescue disk, always check it to make sure it boots.

OldMike65, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

1. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis - Similar Threads - bought Seagate external

2. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.: I recently bought a Seagate External hard drive. I managed to save 194GB data only. I cannot use my remaining free space in external hard drive. How can I get the available space to work?...
  3. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.: I recently bought a Seagate External hard drive. I managed to save 194GB data only. I cannot use my remaining free space in external hard drive. How can I get the available space to work?...
  4. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive: For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there...
  6. will microsoft let me use external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsoft let me use external hard drive: will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-let-me-use-external-hard-drive/a6799d4b-a309-41e8-be23-a0eeb077aa65
  7. how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...: Every time I try to do it, it keeps giving me error messages like Those files are open in another system. or if I try to remove the old Seagate so I can attach a new one it says error. I just want to put the new one on and tell it to receive the backup files....
  8. Bought Used PC; Won't Let Me Activate It

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bought Used PC; Won't Let Me Activate It: Just recently, I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad from 2nd and Charles to try for college. The problem I find, however, is that it states that it can't activate Windows. All it keeps giving me is the Error Code: 0x8007007B The version of Windows is 1511 (unless I can update it with...
  9. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  10. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i put image on my segate drive but i can put on usb drive using acronis 2018