Windows 10: I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

Discus and support I can browse the internet but can't download anything. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm able to open up a browser and go to websites but when i try to download anything my internet disconnects. I cant even get my Xbox to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevengawlas, Jul 15, 2018.

1. I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

I'm able to open up a browser and go to websites but when i try to download anything my internet disconnects. I cant even get my Xbox to connect to the network but my phone connects and works just fine.

:)

stevengawlas, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 15, 2018
  4. I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

Brand New laptop - but browsing/internet SLOW - help

Hi Sonja,

Slow browsing and downloading concerns can be related to incorrect network configuration settings. If the issue is confined to using the mentioned browsers, it could be a result of profile or Windows Update corruption. Let us review some things to correctly
    address the issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get a specific error message along with downloading or browsing the Internet?
    • How are you connected to the Internet? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Do you encounter the same difficulty using another profile?
    • What specific steps have you taken so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

1. I can browse the internet but can't download anything. - Similar Threads - browse internet can't

2. I can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  3. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  4. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet: Hi, Having an issue where i'm able to surf the internet but the WIFI box is showing 'no internet, secured'. It's causing me to be unable to update windows. i've tried multiple fixes all listed in the below link but nothing has worked. can anyone shed any light on what's...
  6. Can not download anything from the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not download anything from the internet: I am trying to download files off of the internet to MOD a game i play. i click download and once it reaches 100% a pop up says blank contained a virus and has been deleted. i watched some viedos and they said to disable antivirus settings in windows security center. After...
  7. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites. edge works windows update works battle.net works chrome does not...
  8. Can't browse internet reliably

Can't browse internet reliably: I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However,...
  9. No one can browse the internet if i download big files fast. (optimum)

No one can browse the internet if i download big files fast. (optimum): I've been having this issue for the longest now. im dealing with Optimum 200 plan and the wifi is blazing fast but here's my issue, whenever i download a big file really fast sometimes like a 2gb file downloading at 8Mb/s or a 6gb file at 12Mb/s almost no one in the house can...
  10. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't download anything: I can't download anything and it is making me angry. I have windows 10. I tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall and it is not working. Sergio 44625

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download anything on internet browser

2. can browsing but cant download anything