Windows 10: I can connect to some websites but not to others??

Discus and support I can connect to some websites but not to others?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have 2 wifi connections at my house one Shaw cable and the other is Telus DSL. On my Acer Aspire V17 running windows 10. On my Shaw wireless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Addiction, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Addiction Win User

I can connect to some websites but not to others??

So I have 2 wifi connections at my house one Shaw cable and the other is Telus DSL. On my Acer Aspire V17 running windows 10. On my Shaw wireless I cannot connect to some websites. IMDB, CBS fantasy and I even couldnt download Chrome. but Facebook is fine and others. when i connect this laptop to my telus wireless i can connect to these websites no problem. my wifes laptop and here office deskto which were all connected to the shaw wireless all connected to IMDB. I thought i had some maleware so i ran malware bytes it didnt find anything. I also was fustrated and completely reinstalled windows 10 thinking it was a setting that changed and perhaps the default values would make it work again. but it didnt. any thoughts? thanks.

:)

Addiction, Oct 3, 2015

2. unable to connect some websites

have windows 10 browser google chrome some web sites will not connect I had IE when it started changed default did no good anyone will you help me?

repeattutu27, Oct 3, 2015
  3. unable to connect some websites

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • How is your computer connected to the internet? Wired/Wireless?
    • Are you facing this issue with all the browsers?
    • Did you try to access the same websites from any other device?

I request you to run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

I can connect to some websites but not to others??

1. I can connect to some websites but not to others?? - Similar Threads - connect websites others

2. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  3. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  4. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  5. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  6. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Able to connect to some websites, but not others: I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like microsoft.com, or account.google.com, but not ones like google.com, scratch.mit.edu, speedtest.net, and others.Websites like...
  7. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

Able to connect to some websites, but not others: I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like microsoft.com, or account.google.com, but not ones like google.com, scratch.mit.edu, speedtest.net, and others.Websites like...
  8. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Google.com services unable to connect but browser can connect to other websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google.com services unable to connect but browser can connect to other websites: Earlier today I started having issues while working in Google Docs where I kept receiving a message stating "Trying to Connect". Then after some time the page would reload and connect but it kept "Trying to connect" intermittently. Then I began having issues connecting to...
  10. Google.com services unable to connect but browser can connect to other websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google.com services unable to connect but browser can connect to other websites: Earlier today I started having issues while working in Google Docs where I kept receiving a message stating "Trying to Connect". Then after some time the page would reload and connect but it kept "Trying to connect" intermittently. Then I began having issues connecting to...