Windows 10: I can no longer share computers or printers on home network

Discus and support I can no longer share computers or printers on home network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 1803, build 17134.165. Homegroup no longer exists in this version, and I find that I can no longer share my printer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanHoepner, Jul 18, 2018.

1. I can no longer share computers or printers on home network

I have Windows 10 version 1803, build 17134.165. Homegroup no longer exists in this version, and I find that I can no longer share my printer with the other computers on my network at home. The other computers can see mine, however insist that it is "not available" for some unknown reason. Thus, I can't share the printer attached to my computer either. No idea why. Everything is set for sharing as shown below, on all computers: I can no longer share computers or printers on home network 54a6b6e8-816b-445d-9f7e-45735b061256?upload=true.jpg

:)

NathanHoepner, Jul 18, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

I can no longer share computers or printers on home network [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

I can no longer share computers or printers on home network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2018
  3. RWOne Win User
    Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Start with basics, on your system re-share it out to everyone, no password, etc.

On an aside, printer sharing is not modern networking (by a longshot).

if you had a network capable printer, you install the SW on both machines, and both have access, no need for the computer it is attached to to be on for the other to have access, and less headaches than sharing.

Review and follow these steps:

How To Share A USB Printer Over Your Network In Windows 10

RWOne, Jul 18, 2018
  4. BobBarr Win User

I can no longer share computers or printers on home network

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

I can no longer share computers or printers on home network

1. I can no longer share computers or printers on home network - Similar Threads - longer share computers

2. Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...: Yesterday I could connect to both my laptop and desktop over the network. Nothing has changed except I shut down both computers overnight, something I do on a regular basis without affecting my ability to share back and forth between my computers. Today I can see both...
  3. Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...: Yesterday I could connect to both my laptop and desktop over the network. Nothing has changed except I shut down both computers overnight, something I do on a regular basis without affecting my ability to share back and forth between my computers. Today I can see both...
  4. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  5. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  6. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Home Network and shared printer access problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network and shared printer access problems: Hello, Have a Win 7 Home machine and a Win 10 machine. Win 10 can access some of the files (external HD) on my win 7 machine. Win 7 machine is NOT allowed into the win 10 machine for some reason. Each machine has its own printer (win 10 @ Cannon iP4700 series and designated...
  8. How can I share printer on network without sharing files?

How can I share printer on network without sharing files?: I am inquiring about a home network. Would like to share a printer on desktopA with others on network. It works great with laptopA which is on same Microsoft account. But others in the house are not on this Microsoft account, and I do not want to give them access to files -...
  9. Cannot share a printer on a home network

Cannot share a printer on a home network: Hi I have a home network consisting of Windows 10 PCs and one Windows XP Pro PC. I used to be able to access the printer from my other PCs not the XP one though. Because of the XP PC I have all the PCs in a workgroup. The printer is attached to what I refer to as a print...
  10. How can I share the Desktop (home network)

How can I share the Desktop (home network): Like the topic says: How can I share the desktops of my Win10 computers on the network? My network currently has two Win10 computers and an XP computer (+plus laptops but I'll worry about them after I figure this out). I was sure I had a network when I had 2 XP computers...