Windows 10: I can not import a outlook file I exported.

Discus and support I can not import a outlook file I exported. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked before. In my documents folder I have a outlook file folder created automatically. I backed up to the same folder,seem... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pedro, Sep 4, 2016.

1. pedro Win User

I can not import a outlook file I exported.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

In my documents folder I have a outlook file folder created automatically.
    I backed up to the same folder,seem to have worked okay.
    When i try to import i get this message This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current profile.

See attachment

As you may have guessed I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.*Redface

I have to go out shortly, thought I would post this first.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers *Smile

:)

pedro, Sep 4, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

HOW TO EXPORT ADDRESS BOOK TO MY GMAIL ACCOUNT

What version of Outlook are you using. It sounds like a Outlook client if you are able to select File > Import and Export. If that is the case you should be able to select Import and Export and then Export to a file. You then create a csv file name on
    your PC and use that to import into Gmail.

neilpzz, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Outlook Contacts on my new laptop?

On your Old Computer

Open Outlook > File > Open & Export > Import / Export > Export to a File > Choose Comma Separated Values > Select Contacts > Next and save

On New Computer

Open Outlook > File > Open & Export > Import / Export > Import from another program or file > Choose Comma Separated Values > Select your file and Import

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2016
  4. pedro Win User

I worked out where I was stuffing up.

When it came to putting in a password, I kept hitting cancel thinking this was only cancelling password option.
    I hit okay now working, feeling extremely embarrassed.*Haha

Now have commenced*Banghead

Cheers

pedro, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

1. I can not import a outlook file I exported. - Similar Threads - import outlook file

2. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  3. i have exported outlook files onto a usb and wish to import them to my new computer. the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have exported outlook files onto a usb and wish to import them to my new computer. the...: i have exported outlook files - windows 7onto a usb and wish to import them to my new computer. windows 10 the usb says it needs a repair. how do I do this...
  4. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  5. import outlook ost file into outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    import outlook ost file into outlook 365: import outlook ost file into outlook 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-outlook-ost-file-into-outlook-365/71d73c46-8c71-4d6b-9b78-537990f59d3a
  6. Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook crashes instantly when I press the Import/Export button in the files menu. Freeze...: Hi, Outlook crashes instantly when trying Import/Export anything in Outlook. I suspect that the problem lies with a newer version of Windows, specifically Version 1809, Build: 17763.195 Steps I have taken to fix this issue - Tried repairing Office, offline and online...
  7. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  8. Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place: Is there a Gmail forum 120054
  9. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016: I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...