Windows 10: I can not open command prompt.

Discus and support I can not open command prompt. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up. *Sad The message is said [ The application is not start up right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akane, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Akane Win User

I can not open command prompt.

I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up. *Sad

The message is said [ The application is not start up right Press OK to close]

I can not open command prompt. [​IMG]

:)

Akane, Oct 3, 2015

2. I can't open command prompt

Sry For my late response I can open CMD in safe mode but cant open still while I am using it in normal mode

GarachDeep, Oct 3, 2015
  3. I can't open command prompt

Hi,

There's a possibility that the user profile that you're using got corrupted, reason for the command prompt not to open or act up. There could also be some software that's causing the issue. However, let's not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern.
    We suggest that you replicate the concern in a new user profile. You can also
    check if the issue persists in safe mode.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 3, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Oct 3, 2015
  5. Akane Win User
    Akane, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Run these commands from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that fixes the problem:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    Can she do that if she can't open a command prompt?

Rocky, Oct 3, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

No, but they can be run from Powershell(admin)

Dude, Oct 3, 2015
  9. sml156 Win User
    I can not open command prompt. [​IMG]
    Note These are the same instruction's to run a command prompt as administrator - But instead of typing cmd you have to type Powershell

Press the Windows + S keys, type Powershell ,
    When Powershell shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on Run as administrator.

Then follow these instructions

sml156, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can not open command prompt. - Similar Threads - open command prompt

2. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  3. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  4. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  5. How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I "Open command prompt with administrator access": I'm running Windows 10 64 on an HP Envy Laptop - I've lost my User Profile as a default but found my files under Windows C: - and all access to applications as the Windows Logo Key, Windows Start Key and Cortana no longer work at all - clicking on any of these options does...
  6. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  7. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  8. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  9. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  10. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...