Windows 10: I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app

Discus and support I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello can anybody help me I have the latest update of Windows and my settings will open but if i try to click on anything the app crashes sending me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AleksanderWP, Aug 25, 2018.

1. I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app

Hello can anybody help me I have the latest update of Windows and my settings will open but if i try to click on anything the app crashes sending me back to the desktop. The same problem happens with Paint 3D.

:)

AleksanderWP, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 25, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open the "Camera" and "Microphone" settings.

Hi Chris,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know if your Privacy Settings app crash when you open your Camera and Microphone settings as well. If so, we suggest that you check this
    thread and refer to the steps provided by
    Charles_586 to resolve this issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 25, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app

1. I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app - Similar Threads - open settings trying

2. Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions Title.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions Title.: I was trying to turn on my mic through settings, but when I went to Privacy and Security and pressed Microphone, my settings gave a red screen for a split second right before crashing, I reset my pc but it still happened, then I found out it wasn’t just the microphone tab, it...
  3. Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions tab.: I was trying to turn on my mic through settings, but when I went to Privacy and Security and pressed Microphone, my settings gave a red screen for a split second right before crashing, I reset my pc but it still happened, then I found out it wasn’t just the microphone tab, it...
  4. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  5. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  6. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  7. Can not click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not click on anything: So I can't click on anything on the desktop, when I restart explorer.exe it solves the issue for a while but then it comes back again. Any ideas on a permanent fix for this ? submitted by /u/Flain1 [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?: This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help either. submitted by /u/qwerty_1236 [link] [comments]...
  9. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.: I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But...
  10. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.: I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?...