Windows 10: I cannot change password

Discus and support I cannot change password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I generated a new password online but, unfortunately, I forgot it and then had to reset. I did this job on my phone but cannot change it on the PC. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zachari elimzacharielim, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I cannot change password

I generated a new password online but, unfortunately, I forgot it and then had to reset. I did this job on my phone but cannot change it on the PC. In addition, my PC doesn’t want to connect to WiFi. What’s going on? Help me, please.

:)

zachari elimzacharielim, Aug 23, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 23, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 23, 2018
  4. I cannot change password

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

I cannot change password

1. I cannot change password - Similar Threads - cannot change password

2. Cannot change my password!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my password!: I cannot change my password, and thus cannot secure my computer right now. See the screenshot attached!Microsoft should focus on the basics, not incessantly complicate your products! Just go back to Windows XP -- that was the height of your achievement!...
  3. Cannot change my password!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change my password!: I cannot change my password, and thus cannot secure my computer right now. See the screenshot attached!Microsoft should focus on the basics, not incessantly complicate your products! Just go back to Windows XP -- that was the height of your achievement!...
  4. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  5. Cannot change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my password: For the last week, I have not been able to change my password. I know the password to my computer so i can get in but it will not let me change it. Any idea what is going on? windows 10...
  6. Cannot change my password

Cannot change my password: For the last week, I have not been able to change my password. I know the password to my computer so i can get in but it will not let me change it. Any idea what is going on? windows 10...
  7. Cannot change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot change hotmail password

Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  9. cannot change administrative password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot change administrative password.: In setting up a brand new computer, I did not set up an administrative password nor was prompted to add security questions. Now I want to change the admin pw, but don't know what it is. It is not my Microsoft account password. The "reset password" instructions don't work...
  10. Cannot login or change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login or change password: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a new PC - a laptop - it will eventually replace my Desktop machine. Both run windows 10. At the moment I am still using the desktop PC some of the time. Today, when I try to login to my user account on the desktop, the password is refused....