Windows 10: I cannot change screen resolution in Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot change screen resolution in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Screen resolution is set at 1024 x 768 and is 'greyed' out. I cannot change it. I tried updating the display driver and that didn't work either. Maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFTommy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

I cannot change screen resolution in Windows 10

Screen resolution is set at 1024 x 768 and is 'greyed' out. I cannot change it. I tried updating the display driver and that didn't work either. Maybe if I pull on both my ears and stretch my face horizontally it will look better PLEASE HELP.*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad

:)

AFTommy, Jun 1, 2015

2. can't change screen resolution

I cannot change screen resolution in windows 10, area is grayed out

papabear631a, Jun 1, 2015
  3. I cannot set my screen resolution with Windows 10

went to my computer this morning and the screen formatting is messed up. I am running windows 10 with a 20" monitor and cannot adjust the screen resolution to 1600 x 1200. The defaults resolutions in windows 10 do not list my suggested resolution for a
    20" monitor. Have no idea why this changed overnight and a can't fix it. I have been running windows 10 for a long time.

JoyceStewartYW, Jun 1, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

what build? i had issues installing NVIDIA driver at 10125, did it 3 times before it applied it and then just restarted and now its working correctly

batlhilz, Jun 1, 2015
  5. AFTommy Win User
    I'm sorry...that windows 10 build was 10074

AFTommy, Jun 1, 2015
  6. Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  7. AFTommy Win User
    solved with new invidia driver................thanks

AFTommy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot change screen resolution in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot change screen

2. Cannot change resolution on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change resolution on Windows 10?: I cannot change my display resolution, please help it's just a gray box and I cannot click it, is it because I don't have windows activated? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!...
  3. Screen resolution cannot be changed?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution cannot be changed?: My screen resolution cannot be changed in the settings. I have already tried to update all drivers, have sent the graphics card in for repair twice, but this error does not occur in the workshop. At the PC I have already changed all components except the hard disk, the...
  4. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  5. Windows 10 Changing Screen resolution

Windows 10 Changing Screen resolution: Running Windows 10 with Two year old Dell desktop computer connected to Dynex TV monitor. On boot up, Windows 10 correctly sets resolution for the 1310X780 required for the monitor. After a short period of no activity, the monitor changes to a Windows default resolution...
  6. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  7. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  8. Can’t change Screen Resolution in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t change Screen Resolution in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Many a time, mostly after an Update to Windows or installation of a new graphics card, you may not be able to adjust the Screen Resolution on your PC running on Window 10. Sometimes you would not be able to [...] This post Can’t change Screen Resolution in Windows...
  9. Screen resolution will not change

Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...
  10. Screen Resolution cannot change in new install

Screen Resolution cannot change in new install: I just installed the latest Windows 10 Preview build 10074 on a partition on my drive. I want to set my screen resolution to 1200 x 900 or similar but it permanently fixed on 1024 x 768. Here is a snapshot from spekky......