Windows 10: I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

Discus and support I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lenovo yoga 710 and I think I had a virus on it that was installed through onedrive. I know this because I have not transferred any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BradAlexander1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

I have a lenovo yoga 710 and I think I had a virus on it that was installed through onedrive. I know this because I have not transferred any documents from my old computer, but after opening onedrive, and downloading some pictures, the background of my yoga changed to the sony vaio background (same one that is on my old computer). I have since reset my computer and wiped all the files.

Ok, now to the IP problem. This started about the time I realized my background changed without my doing. I cannot connect to the wifi without using a static IP address, but when I use a static IP address, I am then unable to connect to a moblie hotspot. When I troubleshoot to connect to the hotspot, it enables dhcp, and then I am unable to connect to the wifi afterwards.

Things I've tried already: resetting computer, netsh int ip reset, updating driver, uninstalling driver, turning off firewall -- none of these have worked

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks.

:)

BradAlexander1, Aug 15, 2018
  2. DxxS Win User

No internet connection with static IP

Thanks for the reply,
    I'm definately typing the address right.

Pic1 - Network and sharing when on dhcp.
    Pic2 - appears as soon as I apply a static address.
    Pic3 - network and sharing on static.

I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help [​IMG]

I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help [​IMG]

No difference between 1 and 3 that I can see, but when I try to access say amazon.co.uk I get 'Page cannot be found'.

Thanks,

3. Lothar-K Win User
    No Internet with Static IP address

Howdy,

On one of our Windows 10 systems, we lose internet if we assign the system a static IP address.

When this happens, that system can still browse our LAN, and other systems on the LAN can browse that system.

Oddly, that system with its new Static IP address, cannot ping the router (though obviously, it is connecting to other systems on our LAN
    through the router.) The attempted pings just time out.

I'm baffled, and would pleased to get any help on this.

Many thanks,

Lothar-K, Aug 15, 2018
  4. I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

Static IP address for a laptop on shared connection help

Hi Blue,

Most devices use a dynamic IP which means that by default your IP address may change from time to time. When setting up a static IP address, we suggest that you contact your internet service provider for an extensive support on how to set one for your device.

Feel free to post back should you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

1. I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help - Similar Threads - cannot connect internet

2. Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Static IP Address for Microsoft Azure: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  3. Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most PC users are looking for ways to enhance their computer privacy. Using dynamic […] This article Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Losing Internet Connection with Static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Internet Connection with Static IP: Hi, We recently move our DHCP service on Unify USG gateway and there are problems happen when we set up static IP for any computer, no matter we put the IP address out of the DHCP range or the one preferredin the DHCP range by system, it will lost internet connection...
  5. Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS: Hello, I’m in bit of a trouble here. I have a WD MyCloud NAS which is connected to my local network over a static IP (192.168.0.107) setup within my router DHCP settings. Everything works as expected from my mac and the NAS is easily accessible from there, but my Windows 10...
  6. Setting a persistent static IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a persistent static IP address?: Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop. The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100,...
  7. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  8. IP address cannot be configured no internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP address cannot be configured no internet: This happened to my desktop computer a few months ago and didn't know what happened. My .Coworker suggested that maybe I needed a new I internet card for it since I wasn't able to access my wireless internet. Today on my laptop it came up and I had something come up and say...
  9. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  10. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...