Windows 10: I cannot create the recovery drive.

Discus and support I cannot create the recovery drive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I have tried to create a recovery drive to go on a USB flash drive. All I get, however, is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gordon99, Sep 8, 2015.

1. gordon99 Win User

I cannot create the recovery drive.

Having recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I have tried to create a recovery drive to go on a USB flash drive. All I get, however, is the message " We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive". I have tried a few times without success.

I looked at the Event Log and saw the following which, I believe, is related to the problem: Microsoft-Windows-CAP12. I.D.513. Meaningless to me I'm afraid.

Can anyone shed light on the problem please and show me the way through?

:)

gordon99, Sep 8, 2015

2. Create recovery drive failure "We cannot create the recovery drive"

See what I did to resolve my issue. It worked......but I don't know how I was able to restore from a external drive system image that showed no files in the directory or subdirectories....it worked. Perhaps next time I try to reimage my hd I will write
    down step for step so I can repost more articulately.

Please forgive me for all the confusion I caused and all those who tried to help me resolve my errors.

Larry.

LarryKizziah, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Create recovery drive failure "We cannot create the recovery drive"

I posted wrong info as my problem. Actually, I was trying to do a system image to a 1 tb WD External drive. After performing the procedure I opened the file created and looked at the properties throughout the tree structure. Zero bytes which I assumed
    was a failure but I later returned to that same drive and noticed 90 gb less free space.

After a couple of days, trying to fix what I thought was a problem I really started to try and fix my issue and noticed just about every driver in device manager showed a statement indicating further installation required in the Events section. So I pulled
    out the drive with the "failed" system and allowed it to perform a complete reimage. I did get the option to perform a check for bad sectors on the target but decided not to because I did not have any confidence the reimage would work...., but it worked.
    Go figure

My lesson learned a few decades afo, write everything down including the responce. I felt I was in good shape because I thought I could go back to a previous restore point.....there was not one and I was warned prior to creating the system image on the
    external drive the process "may" wipe out restore points.

I am really frustrated with Microsoft. It's like I have been used as a beta tester and I am ready to shuck it and install a stable version of linux. I did this about 7 years ago when I didn't even know what an ISO was and that was on a homemade Intel 386...,
    I didn't know what a Linux package was, but the more I played with it I liked it. If I am going to be a beta tester, may as well learn something useful rather than continue with MS.

Sorry for the trouble I caused anyone on this thread.

Larry

LarryKizziah, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
  5. gordon99 Win User
    Thanks Brink, I will take your advice. I think the problem I am experiencing has been around for some time and an easy solution, other than the one you suggest, may never materialize.

gordon99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot create the recovery drive. - Similar Threads - cannot create recovery

2. Create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a recovery drive: Warning: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase any data that's already stored on the drive. can i add OTHER files to the USB after i complete the process or not ? ( W10) 177798
  3. Cannot Create Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Create Recovery Drive: Hello! I am trying to factory reset my PC because I'm having loads of issues, including unable to update to the latest version of Windows. This has gone on for some time. I have done some research and everything seems to fail, such as: Cannot create recovery drive -- Some...
  4. Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?

Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?: Hi to everyone, I will try to shortly describe my problem and I would appreciate answers that could help me with the issue that I am facing. Problem Description I recently bοught 2 weeks old a brand new Dell laptop G5 5590 , i7-9759H,16 gb with windows 10 Home 64 bit....
  5. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: I have been trying to create a recovery drive on 2 Dell laptops. The message I receive at the end is "we can't create the recovery drive" "a problem occurred while creating it." I am using 16gb flash drives. Please help....
  6. Create Recovery Drive

Create Recovery Drive: I'm trying to create a recovery drive. I followed all the instructions, but the process doesn't recognize the USB drive I inserted (three different ones). I put the USB in an empty port on the front of my PC. Does it need to go in a special port? Any ideas? Thanks....
  7. create recovery drive

create recovery drive: how to create a recovery drive for re-installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive/9d3a86bc-671e-443b-971a-06f457768705
  8. will not create a recovery drive

will not create a recovery drive: i run recovery drive, it says will create on usb D: then says cannot create https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-create-a-recovery-drive/447d2cce-51c2-47a7-8d7a-a644fbdf73b8
  9. Create recovery drive

Create recovery drive: I am in the process of setting up my desktop following the directions at “How to set up Dell computer” (https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln127699/how-to-set-up-your-new-dell-computer?lang=en) Once the desktop loaded, I attempted to Create Recovery Media using...
  10. Cannot create recovery drive

Cannot create recovery drive: I have been having problems with my PC for quite some time now and have decided to completely reinstall Windows 10. Whenever I try to create a recovery drive, I get a message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I do not have...