Windows 10: I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

Discus and support I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by the wrong tm, Nov 29, 2023.

1. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and updated and even when I turn it off it still does not download. I found one way of going through the registry edit and modifying something in the policies and sometimes that works and other times it does not, but this is beyond frustrating to keep having to do this, I have the same issue when using edge as well - so thi

:)

the wrong tm, Nov 29, 2023

2. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet.

However can download Windows Updates.

Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed.

Thank you in advance,

John

JohnKershaw1, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Unable to download any files. I get the Virus Scan Failed message.

Please check out this thread:

Failed Virus Scan Fail (with Windows 10 latest update) - Microsoft Community: Redirecting

Also:

• Right-click Start, click Run. Type "windowsdefender://providers" and click OK.
    • On the security providers page, which antivirus program(s) is listed?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Kath UP Win User

I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

1. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed - Similar Threads - cannot download Anything

2. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  3. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  4. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  6. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  7. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

8. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  9. cannot download anything it says scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot download anything it says scan failed: i cannot download anything ,It says cannot download security scan failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-anything-it-says-scan-failed/8977fbd4-2a27-435a-a16e-9268efd22e90
  10. Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed: Hi! I am unable to download anything, no photos, no document. When I try to download I get this message: "Failed - Virus Scan failed".I have no idea what to do. Please help!...