Windows 10: I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of questions regarding this issue but no real solutions that work for me anyway. I repaired Office, I ran compatibility on office, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mkj307, Feb 8, 2016.

1. mkj307 Win User

I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10

I have seen a lot of questions regarding this issue but no real solutions that work for me anyway. I repaired Office, I ran compatibility on office, I have Windows Live Mail as my default mail client & ran fixmapi.exe. Nothing works for me. These are the messages I get:

I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

:)

mkj307, Feb 8, 2016

2. So I did the Windows 10 update

I did the windows 10 update, lost all my Microsoft Edge Favorites, again, tried to restore them, failed, now I get an error mgs when trying to open my Office 10 Outlook for emails; "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. What's
    the solution? Thanks!

Moved from Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2010

PaulElias1, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Outlook 2010 issue with Windows 10

Hello,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (using Office 2010). Everything seemed to go well, but when I tried to open Outlook 2010, I received this message:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The

set of folders cannot be opened. The file

hotmail.ost

cannot be accessed. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange at least

once before you can use your Outlook data file (.ost).

I'm uncertain what "Microsoft Exchange" is (and if I have an account there).

I can receive emails on the Windows Email and Outlook.com, but would prefer to use my Outlook 2010.

Please help,

Thanks!

Vintageguy, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10

1. I cannot email from Office 2010 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot email Office

2. Office 2010 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2010 on windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 a couple weeks ago upgrading from Windows 7 and all my Office 2010 programs became tiny icons and would not open. About a week after install my desktop restarted in the middle of the night and the next morning these programs were large icons and...
  3. Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10: Some years ago I bought a Dell computer preloaded with Windows 7 pro and also Microsoft Office 2010. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to lose these programs if I upgrade to Windows 10? I still use them and especially don't want to lose my Outlook Mail! Does anyone know if I'll...
  4. office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office 2010: Hi, I want to install online office 2010 on my computer. Pay one time. Can I do this today? If yes, through which procedure? Thanx Rosemarie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2010/1626eb65-af13-4c78-84d4-8b6e7572643c"
  5. Office 2010 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 2010 in Windows 10: Is there some way to make the icons larger in Office 2010 ie: save, undo, redo, etc. Also how do you make the ribbon larger? I type with my eyes so it's hard to hit the icons when looking at them. Thanks for your help....
  6. Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010: The following message occurs when clicking on any link in an email in Outlook 2010: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this comptuer. Please contact your system administrator." I am running a stand alone desktop computer in my home....
  7. Office 2010 cannot open malfunction.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 cannot open malfunction.: *Sad Hi everyone,I could do with some help,please. I have always used Microsoft Office 2010, ( Outlook) to recieve my emails. It was working perfectly up and until Tuesday (yesterday). When I started it up today, it refused to open . It went through the normal procedure...
  8. Office 2010

Office 2010: Hi. I have had office 2010 for a long time working okay. Today I went to use word to make a presentation with some clip art and on the right side of the word page the clipart side pane had gone, So went to the top bar and selected clipart and yes it came back. Did what I...
  9. Office 2010

Office 2010: Today I did a clean install. When I tried to install my copy of Office 2010 I could not register it and had to call the 866 number and it said the copy was not valid. transferred to a real person. He had me read the Key three times to him and then told me to go to...
  10. Office 2010

Office 2010: Done a clean install of windows 10 on a new PC. Installed my Office 2010, but now I can not open some of my excel files. They are designated XLSX, and when I try to choose a app to open them excel is not listed. I need these files, anyone got ideas. Thanks. 55046