Windows 10: I cannot find my picture folders.

Discus and support I cannot find my picture folders. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can find a Picture folder, and some of my pictures are in the folder, but not all of them. If I go to Start, File Explorer, On This PC, and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toria55, Sep 3, 2015.

1. toria55 Win User

I cannot find my picture folders.

I can find a Picture folder, and some of my pictures are in the folder, but not all of them.

If I go to Start, File Explorer, On This PC, and then search JPG or IMG, then I can see some of my missing pictures, but nowhere close to the number of pictures that are on my computer. I also know the name of one of my folders. When I search for that name, the pictures show up, but again, I cannot find the actual folder!

Can anyone help? There is one picture that I desperately need to find.

:)

toria55, Sep 3, 2015
  2. Laura1059 Win User

Where is Windows 10 folder that contains pictures for the slideslow?

I apologize for seeming like an idiot - but I'm seeing photos in my slideshow that I cannot find at all in my Pictures folder. When I got to "This PC" (as opposed to selecting Pictures under the OneDrive option) - and I look at the properties it still
    says it is pulling the pictures from C:\Users\laura\OneDrive\Pictures. I've gone through every picture in that folder and I cannot find several pictures that are showing up in the slideshow. In Windows 8 it was very easy to find the folder - I am very frustrated
    with this as I need one of these pictures ASAP so I can make a print of it. I've gone through the folder 3 times and they aren't in there.

Laura1059, Sep 3, 2015
  3. KathyKLP Win User
    Retrieving pictures that were all placed in specific folders

My question I had about five picture folders with pics in them that I accidentally unpinned should I do a system restore to get the folders and pics back or is there another way I can folders and pictures back ? Or will I have to start all over and try
    and find the pictures. At this time I cannot find all of my pictures only some of them.

KathyKLP, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

- Control Panel-> File Explorer Options-> Hidden files and Folders
    - Check recycle bin
    - Make backups.

Slugger, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Install Everything Search. Once it's built it file/folder index (10 to 20 seconds) it has almost 0 impact on system performance.

Type any part of a file or folder name and it will show you all occurrences of that file/folder.
    Right click on it and select Open path to see it in File Explorer.

Ztruker, Sep 3, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Just go to your user account under C, it should bring up everything and tell you where they are.

You must not be storing them in your picture folder correctly if they are not there.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot find my picture folders. - Similar Threads - cannot find picture

2. Cannot find a sub folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a sub folder: Created a sub folder. Pasted pictures from Android. Now I cannot find the sub folder. Nothing is hidden. It was pasted properly. It is not in the recycle bin or in my phone. What should be done now?...
  3. Cannot find a sub folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find a sub folder: Created a sub folder. Pasted pictures from Android. Now I cannot find the sub folder. Nothing is hidden. It was pasted properly. It is not in the recycle bin or in my phone. What should be done now?...
  4. My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures: the folder i had was named desktopbackground, and contained my pictures i was using for my desktop background, but i now cant find the folder containing the images. is there a way to extract the exact path windows has stored to where i have set it to look for that folder?...
  5. Cannot find "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251 .0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot find "microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251 .0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" folder: I would like to find the folder for my Windows Mail app. I know the folder is on my computer, for I have created a shortcut on my Desktop and it says the directory is the aforementioned folder (in the title). The target path is nevertheless greyed out, I cannot click on it....
  6. I cannot find my folder. Please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot find my folder. Please help.: Hi, I can't find my file that was on my desktop. I try too open excel and see the documents that were in it but when I click on it says an error message asking if I deleted them or moved them. I can't remember if I did or not so I am hoping someone knows how to find these...
  7. I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not find my pictures or folder with my pictures in file explorer.: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to find and view and then send pictures to my email? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-my-pictures-or-folder-with-my/ee1f65f6-c116-47fc-885e-79c05e37fd6b
  8. Cannot Find Screenshots Folder

Cannot Find Screenshots Folder: I have been taking screenshots by using the Windows key and Print Screen shortcut for a while now. I know that this originally created a folder in Pictures labeled Screenshots, but I had moved the folder to another location, specifically to another folder. A few weeks ago, I...
  9. Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open.

Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open.: Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-pictures-even-if-i-click-on/2cb196a2-6083-4878-a3e0-0964b2ec23e5"
  10. Cannot move "Pictures" Folder

Cannot move "Pictures" Folder: Let me first apologize for this long thread. I wanted to be accurate with the issue at hand. I have recently installed a new hard drive, with the intent of moving the "Pictures" folder to it, and using it primarily for this purpose given that my current disk is nearly full...