Windows 10: I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin...

Discus and support I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Rig: Acer 64b Windows 10 desktop, i5-7400, 16Gb ram I downloaded the 'iCloud for Windows' from the Microsoft store. In the middle of the install I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David MTan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin...

Rig: Acer 64b Windows 10 desktop, i5-7400, 16Gb ram

I downloaded the 'iCloud for Windows' from the Microsoft store. In the middle of the install I get this:

I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account.  Yet when I grant admin... 5007407d-a47d-4b94-bd1d-955ab761dc73?upload=true.gif

After 90 minutes on the phone with Apple support we discovered this only happens under my Admin user. When I grant another user Admin, they then have a successful install. I experience the same issue on another desktop in our home. Apple recommended I contact Microsoft support to 'straighten out' my user account.

Also discovered that iTunes is not listed in my programs list in control panel to 'Uninstall' yet when I type iTunes into the search it launches???

- David

:)

David MTan, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Jul 11, 2018
  4. NinkobEi Win User

I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin...

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin...

1. I cannot install iCloud for Windows using my MS Admin user account. Yet when I grant admin... - Similar Threads - cannot install iCloud

2. in Windows 10, when I install an application in the Admin user account, will the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in Windows 10, when I install an application in the Admin user account, will the...: I would need your answer to my question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-when-i-install-an-application-in-the/19384709-4b7d-4e94-b1c7-6ac327161a90
  3. in Windows 10, when I install an application in the Admin user account, will the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in Windows 10, when I install an application in the Admin user account, will the...: I would need your answer to my question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-when-i-install-an-application-in-the/19384709-4b7d-4e94-b1c7-6ac327161a90
  4. I cannot make my account an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot make my account an admin: I started using this computer at work and logged into it with my account, we have a local domain. But on this computer I don't have admin privileges and I have been trying to give myself but they aren't working. I use another machine at work with the same account, under the...
  5. I cannot make my account an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot make my account an admin: I started using this computer at work and logged into it with my account, we have a local domain. But on this computer I don't have admin privileges and I have been trying to give myself but they aren't working. I use another machine at work with the same account, under the...
  6. I cannot make an account an admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot make an account an admin: Although I saw multiple videos on how to become an admin on desktop devices, I could not figure out how to become an admin on the Surface Go 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-an-account-an-admin/899fb40c-9ba6-4c87-a80e-f6d98d928692
  7. When to use Admin vs User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When to use Admin vs User Accounts: I have asked these questions elsewhere and did not get straight answers. Is it best to be logged into a User account for normal activity? Web browsing, using office software, playing games, watching videos etc? This used to be the recommendation from Windows pros in the...
  8. I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot find my admin account and only have a user account: Help!!! I cannot download or uninstall items due to admin account restrictions. I cannot find my admin account, how do I make my current user account into an admin account with an original admin account? Is there any way I can bypass this admin account thing? [img] 146739
  9. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...
  10. Only Admin user yet I cannot modify or delete various files

Only Admin user yet I cannot modify or delete various files: Hello Ten Forums. I come with an issue bugging me for the past week and thought maybe you can help me. I'm into modding and wanted to play a mod's new version which required deleting the old file because overwriting it would screw something up. I get this issue...