Windows 10: I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

Discus and support I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm desperate here. I've been using Logitech Setpoint for years. That is software that allows you to customize your Logitech Mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hooked, Oct 31, 2016.

1. hooked Win User

I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

Hi all,
    I'm desperate here. I've been using Logitech Setpoint for years. That is software that allows you to customize your Logitech Mouse or Keyboard. I've had my share of problems with Setpoint, but this is a new one.
    I had a drive failure, and I just got Windows 10 Pro 64bit up and running last month, then I got the Anniversary Upgrade. I've been able to install all of my programs so far, except Setpoint. I installed the Logitech Unify software, and it paired with my Performance MX mouse. But when I try to install Setpoint, I get a popup message that says "The Setpoint Installer has stopped" .

I've tried the latest version, and the two previous. Same thing. I've tried running it as Administrator, same thing.

I almost have to asssume it is related to the AU on Windows 10. My laptop is running Setpoint, but it's still running the Windows 10 Pro 1511 version. I've posted on the Logitech forum, but don't know if I'll learn anything - as I really think it's a Windows issue.

Any ideas? I love this mouse, but I can't program anything without the Logitech Setpoint software. Thanks for any help.

:)

hooked, Oct 31, 2016

2. Logitech setpoint won't install on Windows 10

*Original Title: logitech setpoint wont installon wi 10

logitech setpoint wont install on win 10

mrechols18, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Ed_878 Win User
    Logitech MX 5000 not support windows 10

The instructions above are good with 1 caveat:

You need to have the latest SetPoint software from Logitech. If Logitech's "smart" installer does not work download the 64 bit (?) package and install manually Logitech Support

Ed_878, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

It could be a security certificate problem.
    Microsoft has tightened the security screws to protect users, and the people who communicate with them online, by requiring updated security certification for drivers and other software the runs at boot.

Logitech has really slept this one out.
    In Firefox for example, you cannot install the Set Point add-on any more because the certificate hasn't been updated.

You could try turning off secure boot in BIOS and then see if you can install it.
    Be warned, turning off secure boot leaves you open for rootkit malware attacks.
    So if it only works when secure boot is turned off, and not when you turn it back on(if it lets you install), you have a serious decision to make: security or comfort.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2016
  5. hooked Win User
    Thanks Cliff,
    Good point. And I haven't had to go into BIOS for so long, I don't remember if I have secure boot set or not. Wish me luck.

hooked, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Good luck, I like set point too for my surfing mouse, so I have a good idea how you feel.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2016
  7. I have installed Setpoint on clean install of AU without any problems. It might be your security blocking it.
    Try to temporarily disable your AV. You might try a cleanup (rebuild WMI, WinSxS, etc), run WC.bat as admin.

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2016
  8. I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

I'm using Logitech Setpoint version 6.65.62 on Windows 8.1 for a Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400. I installed it about a week ago with no problems. So the driver does work on Windows 8.1. I have both Administrator and standard user accounts on my computer and I installed it from the Administrator account.

waltercarroll, Oct 31, 2016
  9. hooked Win User
    Thanks for all your input. Logitech forums actually got my answer. He said to disable all startup svcs (except msft) and disable all Startup apps then install it.
    Worked like a champ.
    The thing that had be confused, is my laptop which is still on Windows 1511, it's running setpoint. I made a restore point and uninstalled setpoint, reinstalled it... no problem. So I was convinced it was AU. And I had my AV disabled from the first time I
    tried installing.??

hooked, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently - Similar Threads - cannot install Logitech

2. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  3. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  4. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  6. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  7. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Logitech Setpoint 6.69

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logitech Setpoint 6.69: I have tryed and tryed and tryed to get this software to load in Windows 10. It was working a few weeks ago, and now I continually get a "failed" to load error. I have tryed the " mode" as well, and it still shows a failed message. Can someone please help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.

Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.: Did a clean Windows 10 install yesterday, and installed the latest Logitech setpoint. After the installation it stated that I can edit settings for my mouse or keyboard by clicking the setpoint tile in the start menu. Well it is not there, and I cannot even find where it was...
  10. Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Latest Logitech SetPoint Software: Latest Logitech SetPoint Released [img] Note Date: September 8th 2015 Software Version: 6.67.83 Updated Description: Support added for Windows 10 Bug fixes Logitech -SetPoint Download Logitech -Software Downloads 10273

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install logitech setpoint windows 10

2. logitech setpoint will not install

3. logitech setpoint not installing

4. logitech setpoint windows 10 problems,
  5. logitech setpoint install error,
  6. logitech setpoint will not install on windows 10,
  7. setpoint logitech cannot customize,
  8. logitech set point says click on the setpoint tile on the start screen but i cant find that,
  9. logitech set point will not install