Windows 10: I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

Discus and support I cannot login to the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I decided to add an app. I clicked on the store app and then picked the app I wanted and then clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lifejogger, Oct 6, 2015.

1. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I decided to add an app. I clicked on the store app and then picked the app I wanted and then clicked on Free. A menu came up that said choose account so I clicked on Microsoft Account and a screen popped up for about one second and then was gone. I then went up to the upper right hand of the screen and clicked on the icon to the left of the search window and clicked on Sign In, then I clicked on Microsoft Account and the same thing happened again, a screen popped up and then in a second it was gone. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
    Below is the screen I see for a few seconds before it goes away.
    Also, when I go into Setting/Account and click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the same thing happens.

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store [​IMG]

:)

lifejogger, Oct 6, 2015

2. Microsoft login account window doesn't show - cannot login to my Microsoft account

Hi!

I've updated my windows to 10, and everything is brilliant, with EXCEPTION.

I cannot login to my microsoft account (except from the fact I actually CAN login on the microsoft website, but that's it). Whenever I want to login in the Microsoft store or in the settings->accounts
    or even when I've tried to open Technical Support and it has prompted me to login to my microsoft account - I couldn't.

The issue is, that whenever I click I want to login, a window pops-up for like a second or less...and dissappears. It looks like system has prompted and is opening microsoft account login window, but after a second it decides not to..and eventually closes.
    So I cannot install anything from the store, I cannot personalize my pc account to my microsoft account, I even cannot use the technical support option, as I simply cannot login.

Can anyone help me out with this?

AsiaNowakowska, Oct 6, 2015
  3. problem in signing in to Microsoft account in accounts setings.

In emails+ accounts cannot login to Microsoft account. It doesn't show up in emails+ accounts setings. It comes back when I try to login. Because of which I cannot sync contacts and messages. But in music, games, store I can able to login to Microsoft
    account.

Samyajith M, Oct 6, 2015
  4. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

I think I am the only person using Windows 10 that has this problem. The people I have talked to at Microsoft have not idea why this is happening. As it is now the apps portion of Windows 10 is useless for me, I might as well go back to Windows 7.

lifejogger, Oct 8, 2015
  5. INL
    inL Win User
    You have tried to update windows 10 to fix it?

6. I have installed all the latest Windows 10 that I know of.

lifejogger, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  8. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion, unfortunately it did not work.
    When I click on the pop up that says Choose Microsoft Account I get a pop up that is a blank screen and it goes away after a second. There is no place for me to enter my Microsoft account. See screenshot in first post.

lifejogger, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    And have you check your settings in the note:

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  10. Time zone, date and time are correct.

lifejogger, Oct 8, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Try copy & pasting the following into an admin command prompt:

net stop bits
    net stop wuause
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptsvc
    Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
    SoftwareDistribution.bak
    Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptsvc
    pause

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  12. Thank your for this suggestion, but I am sorry to say it did not work. I wonder if there is a program in my startup that could be causing this.?

lifejogger, Oct 8, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

I doubt it unless you're using a 3rd party firewall. Are you signed into a Microsoft user account or a local account? Also check the app settings and check for updates.

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  14. If by signed in you mean signed into Windows 10, I use a local account and my windows 10 has all of the latest updates. Also I use a McAfee firewall.

lifejogger, Oct 9, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

1. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - cannot login Microsoft

2. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app: I have been having trouble signing in on my desktop and it keeps giving me an error. I already tried reinstall ms store , resetting cache and etc but nothing is working...
  3. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app: I have been having trouble signing in on my desktop and it keeps giving me an error. I already tried reinstall ms store , resetting cache and etc but nothing is working...
  4. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  6. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store: Hey,So my problem is when log in to the Microsoft Store Minecraft Launcher and put my e-mail address, password correctly, it asks me to enter Hello PIN. When i type it, and hit enter, Windows tells me it's wrong, even if it isn't.This problem persists in the Microsoft Store...
  7. Cannot login to Microsoft Store

8. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings

Cannot login to Microsoft Store, cannot login to Email & Accounts in the settings: Hi, It is very strange, I cannot login with my email on Windows 10.For example if I got to the Store and click on "Sign in", a popup window appears and disappears immediately again. The same in the settings.Anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app.

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store app.: Hello there all. For the last few weeks I have been having an issue where whenever I try to login to the Microsoft Store app, I receive a popup that says 'Let's get you signed in,' and is otherwise blank save for a 'continue' button. Clicking this button does nothing but...