Windows 10: I cannot open folders in OneDrive

Discus and support I cannot open folders in OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eagleye, Aug 12, 2015.

1. eagleye Win User

I cannot open folders in OneDrive

Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word documents and images that I use for my blogs. In total 3,2 GB. This morning after switching on my PC I noticedthat I cannot access the folders in my OneDrive. I can open a folder called Documents without any problem but when I click on the subfolder Worddocuments a green progress bar starts moving from left to right and it takes an eternity for it to stop and after that I see the warning Stopped working. THis goes for all folders in OneDrive.

How can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Joop.

:)

eagleye, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Bamby99 Win User

Office Jump lists contain two links to each file: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

Office Jump lists (I checked Word and Excel) contain two links to each file, when the file was opened locally: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

This is on Win 10, with Office 365. The folder is synched with OneDrive.

Is there a certain setup to control it?

In what folder are the jump lists stored?

Thank you,

Bamby99, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Microsoft print to PDF not working

Hopefully this helps someone...

I found that if I didn't print to folder that is a OneDrive folder then the PDF file would be larger than 0 bytes and would open, but if I did print to a OneDrive folder, then it was a crap shoot whether there'd be more than 0 bytes.

Lesson learned, print to a non-OneDrive folder first and then copy to OneDrive folders.

Anonymous123156413516, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

I cannot open folders in OneDrive

1. I cannot open folders in OneDrive - Similar Threads - cannot open folders

2. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  3. Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC: Get this error message "An unknown error occurred while accessing 'filename' " when i open files that were in my one drive folder on old PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files-in-onedrive-folder-after/2fdf226a-5688-4348-815a-56dd41f40dbb"
  4. I cannot download or open my files in Onedrive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download or open my files in Onedrive on Windows 10: My onedrive app in windows 10 has been crashing or always in signing in mode. Whenever I enter my email and sign in so that I can fetch my files in sync to my laptop and online storage, a pop-up message says that I'm not yet signed in. Which is hilarious 'cause the cloud Icon...
  5. I cannot log into OneDrive

I cannot log into OneDrive: I am unable to log into my OneDrive account. I use PC running Windows 10 and think the issue showed up once I’ve logged into my OneDrive account on the PC running Windows 7. Currently I am unable to log into my account using Windows 7 PC either. I tried to reinstall OnDrive,...
  6. OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Folders: I have setup the OneDrive sync folder to my secondary D Drive but when I add folders from the D Drive it is essentially mirroring those folders and doubling the space taken on that drive. Am I missing something in my setup of the sync folders? I want to mirror the D Drive...
  7. OneDrive Folder Cannot Open

OneDrive Folder Cannot Open: I have no idea how this happened. I have reinstalled OneDrive but not working still. When I clicked the "Open Folder" in onedrive, nothing happened. When I clicked the shortcut in the navigation pane in explorer, still nothing happened. But it worked fine when I...
  8. Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder: Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the file successfully, the associated app will open but fail to load the file. I have done all of the basics such as sfc, dism and...
  9. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...
  10. cannot open a system's folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot open a system's folder: Hello, Why can't I open in windows the folder "windowsapps", it says I have no permission to open it, I am the only owner / user of my pc, and when system was installed, defined as admin. Note; In this folder was installed some "candy crush..." . Thanks for answers 67624