Windows 10: I cannot open folders in OneDrive

Discus and support I cannot open folders in OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eagleye, Aug 12, 2015.

1. eagleye Win User

I cannot open folders in OneDrive

Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word documents and images that I use for my blogs. In total 3,2 GB. This morning after switching on my PC I noticedthat I cannot access the folders in my OneDrive. I can open a folder called Documents without any problem but when I click on the subfolder Worddocuments a green progress bar starts moving from left to right and it takes an eternity for it to stop and after that I see the warning Stopped working. THis goes for all folders in OneDrive.

How can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Joop.

:)

eagleye, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Bamby99 Win User

Office Jump lists contain two links to each file: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

Office Jump lists (I checked Word and Excel) contain two links to each file, when the file was opened locally: local and Onedrive. Onedrive’s cannot be removed from the list (right click has only Open option)

This is on Win 10, with Office 365. The folder is synched with OneDrive.

Is there a certain setup to control it?

In what folder are the jump lists stored?

Thank you,

Bamby99, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Microsoft print to PDF not working

Hopefully this helps someone...

I found that if I didn't print to folder that is a OneDrive folder then the PDF file would be larger than 0 bytes and would open, but if I did print to a OneDrive folder, then it was a crap shoot whether there'd be more than 0 bytes.

Lesson learned, print to a non-OneDrive folder first and then copy to OneDrive folders.

Anonymous123156413516, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

I cannot open folders in OneDrive

1. I cannot open folders in OneDrive - Similar Threads - cannot open folders

2. OneDrive Folders Slow Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Folders Slow Opening: Double clicking any folder or file that is synced using OneDrive has a ~1 second delay before the folder/file actually opens. These files are are all stored locally on my computer. This delay is the same whether the folder is empty or is 2GB with thousands of files. This...
  3. OneDrive Folders Slow Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Folders Slow Opening: Double clicking any folder or file that is synced using OneDrive has a ~1 second delay before the folder/file actually opens. These files are are all stored locally on my computer. This delay is the same whether the folder is empty or is 2GB with thousands of files. This...
  4. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive: I paid for a subscription to OneDrive and installed it on my Windows 10 Home desktop computer. I uploaded my Documents folder to OneDrive on the web. Then when I ran my synchronsation program, I noticed that OneDrive or something? had put copies of dozens of files in My...
  5. Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c

Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c: Hello, I have searched the internet, but could not find a working solution for my problem. This morning when i started up my computer everything was working fine including OneDrive. When Windows 10 full booted, it came up that there was an update and that i needed to...
  6. cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application

cannot open onedrive folder windows 10 explorer from application: Onedrive is working fine and it syncs appropriately. However, it does not open the PC folder. When I click on the app button to open the PC onedrive folder windows 10 explorer it gives me an error message in Italian : "Si è verification un problema durante la visualizzazione...
  7. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

I cannot change OneDrive folder name: Hi, I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture" folders are referring to this folder. The alias shows "OneDrive" and not "OneDrive-1", but now I want to change the folder name...
  8. Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer

Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer: This problem has been floating around the forum a bit but I never saw a resolution. When I try to open any files or folders in OneDrive using Explorer, it just sits and the blue circle pointer spins for a minute or two its painfully long then stops spinning ultimately and...
  9. Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC: Get this error message "An unknown error occurred while accessing 'filename' " when i open files that were in my one drive folder on old PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files-in-onedrive-folder-after/2fdf226a-5688-4348-815a-56dd41f40dbb"
  10. OneDrive Folder Cannot Open

OneDrive Folder Cannot Open: I have no idea how this happened. I have reinstalled OneDrive but not working still. When I clicked the "Open Folder" in onedrive, nothing happened. When I clicked the shortcut in the navigation pane in explorer, still nothing happened. But it worked fine when I...