Windows 10: I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not?

Discus and support I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can copy and past everywhere except on my desktop using Windows 10, why not?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuddyHooper, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not?

I can copy and past everywhere except on my desktop using Windows 10, why not?

:)

BuddyHooper, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 11, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not?

1. I cannot past to my desktop using Windows 10, why not? - Similar Threads - cannot past desktop

2. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  3. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  4. Why I cannot use whatsapp ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot use whatsapp ?: Why I cannot use whatsapp ? Can install but cannot run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-use-whatsapp/e9f2c265-5009-438b-b5b7-772031c4c588
  5. Why I cannot use whatsapp ?

Why I cannot use whatsapp ?: Why I cannot use whatsapp ? Can install but cannot run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cannot-use-whatsapp/e9f2c265-5009-438b-b5b7-772031c4c588
  6. Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10: When you connect a computer using the Remote Desktop (RDP), at times, you cannot copy data between the source and the destination computer. When I say data, I mean the text or image available with the clipboard. One can also have trouble copying files between the computer....
  7. I cannot move my documents, must use copy>paste?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot move my documents, must use copy>paste?: Since half an hour I cannot move my files, e.g. move a picture into Photoshop or something similar. Got Windows 10, thanks for the help Ich kann nicht meine Dokumente verschieben, muss kopieren>einfügen benutzen?
  8. windows 10 update, cannot use desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update, cannot use desktop: after update and shutdown/ windows repair/ choose language/English in box but cannot use mouse or enter to do anything. Had to force shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-cannot-use-desktop/bfdd2ade-b205-4fe9-aad6-e1e9503b4430
  9. Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...: I can use my Microsoft account password to login to my other Windows devices and web sites, but my desktop gives me a message saying my password is incorrect. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. It not connecting to the internet either and it has an Ethernet connection. There are 3...
  10. Why cannot I use my email

Why cannot I use my email: some how my email changed Iwant to change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cannot-i-use-my-email/77b6a7c7-4c0d-48d0-85bc-3caf800a0510