Windows 10: I cannot print offline

Discus and support I cannot print offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Don't know what is going on but I get this message everytime i try to print from my laptop. Any tutorial's to fix it please? 65817 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by purplelover, Oct 3, 2016.

1. I cannot print offline

Don't know what is going on but I get this message everytime i try to print from my laptop. Any tutorial's to fix it please?

:)

purplelover, Oct 3, 2016

2. HP officejet 4635 shows offline, not able to print.

My hp officejet 4635 printed ok this morning and now this afternoon is OFFLINE and I cannot print...what is wrong??

EvelynSeitzinger, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Unable to print, error message Printer Offline

Original Title: Printer Offline

Windows 10; HP Printer. Everything has been working well. Have wireless home network. I can print from one computer, but from the other computer it states the printer is offline. Under properties it did show printer as offline but I unchecked it; restarted
    the computer several times and I still cannot print and it still shows as offline. I hesitate to uninstall anything as I don't want to lose my capability of printing from the one computer.

CarolynBerning, Oct 3, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

I cannot print offline

Network printer? USB printer? Did you install the drivers? Do you see the printer in settings, devices? more info possible?

PiKo, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Network Printer, Husband installed drivers years ago. Everything I have in printers and devices and Other Devices, Arris Media Gateway 207355D3B8F1), Logitech Unified receiver, MIKE-PC: Mike . MIKESTOSHIBA, EPS0N0504A0 series, all say setup incomplete because of a metered connection

EPSON -WF 3520 on DELL DESKTOP setup incomplete because of a metered connection

Will not print on desktop or laptop.

What is a Download Over Metered Connection???? I have a monthly cable connection.

purplelover, Oct 4, 2016
  6. PiKo Win User
    Your issue is here checked as solved, which is not the case.

What a metered connection is, is well described in: http://www.howtogeek.com/226722/how-...on-windows-10/
    To enable download: Go to Settings; Devices; Printers&scanners and there you will find a checkbox.

An alternative might be to find at the website of the printer manufacturer the (recent) printer driver for exactly your printer. Download it and (try to) install this driver.

PiKo, Oct 4, 2016
  7. PiKo Win User
    In addition: what amazes me is that the setting for downloading over metered connections is in the printers&scanning section. I would say: it should be in the Windows update section. Probably it influences also the Windows upgrading (anniversary upgrade) so maybe by allowing the download, you will confronted with this major upgrade. I personally have no experience with metered connections.

PiKo, Oct 4, 2016
  8. I cannot print offline

Haven't upgraded to the Anniversary upgrade. Is it free? Is it any better than the 10 we have now? Thanks so much for trying to help.

purplelover, Oct 4, 2016
  9. PiKo Win User
    The advantage of the Anniversary upgrade (it is free) could be that Windows automatically installs the right drivers. On the other hand, many people are not satisfied with the upgrade and experience problems. So my advice would be: if your laptop works ok (except from printing) concentrate first on the printing problem.

So right-click on Computer (or type in search box "computer management") to open computer management screen. Click on Device Manager; at Print queues you will find your printer; right-click on your printer; there you will see the option update your driver software.
    Maybe a new update solves the issue. Otherwise keep us informed what happens.

PiKo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I cannot print offline

1. I cannot print offline - Similar Threads - cannot print offline

2. Guaranteed Offline Local Printing and privacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guaranteed Offline Local Printing and privacy: Hallo I just raised an issue with not being able to print from a word document in office 365 and despite my negative rant being impressed with the rapid helpful responses from IT ers. I then realized there was an additional question I wanted to raise concerning local printing...
  3. Guaranteed Offline Local Printing and privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guaranteed Offline Local Printing and privacy: Hallo I just raised an issue with not being able to print from a word document in office 365 and despite my negative rant being impressed with the rapid helpful responses from IT ers. I then realized there was an additional question I wanted to raise concerning local printing...
  4. printer offline and print spooler errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer offline and print spooler errors: recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-and-print-spooler-errors/9af882cd-be99-4d89-95f6-d4ee3343da1b
  5. I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...: Hi all... I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer, I get a message saying that my printer has "migrated'...whatever the h**l that means. I am unable to bring my printer back online. Oh... if I go into Device Manager I do...
  6. HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print: "I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal lenthy delay before printing. Today, after the lenghty time delay 30-45 secs or more I got a "printer off-line" msg, then another...
  7. Unable to print as Printer shows Offline

Unable to print as Printer shows Offline: I installed a new printer. It w****ed to change it but nothing works. ***Original title: Printer offline*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-as-printer-shows-offline/d33ef180-8e65-4824-8b1e-edf9fb2fd114

Unable to print Printer is Offline: Hi all. I recently purchased an HP laptop which supports Windows 10. I am having issues in trying to print while online. My HP3830 Office Jet appears to be online. However my laptop and printer aren't syncing. I have already tried a YouTube video which recommended me to...
  9. I cannot change Offline to Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot change Offline to Online: I cannot change Offline to Online, I have tried the button but it stays OffLINE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-offline-to-online/084bf926-41a2-4bd5-92e3-9fce3ff8ea1c
  10. I cannot print

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot print: How can I choose a printer as the default? Since I cannot print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-print/cd4aa3b6-d05c-44b3-a19a-81fc1e7d3eb0