Windows 10: I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop

Discus and support I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I have this slight problem: the ''search the web'' toolbar never seems to go away, it's stuck in the upper part of my screen: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trekma, Feb 1, 2016.

1. trekma Win User

I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop

Hi everybody,
    I have this slight problem: the ''search the web'' toolbar never seems to go away, it's stuck in the upper part of my screen:

I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop [​IMG]

Does anybody happen to know how I can remove it from there once and for all?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

trekma, Feb 1, 2016

2. Remove "Search the web and Windows"

Strange.Anything similar to search instead of cortana?

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Remove "Search the web and Windows"

Thank you very much, Sumit. But I see no Cortana - I am using Firefox I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop :)

MarkTouhig, Feb 1, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Hydranix Win User
    You can ignore JohnC's post. He is mistaking your problem for something else.

What you have there looks like malware. It's not a part of Windows but an application created by a shady company to generate income by spying on you and stealing your personal and private information.

You'll want to remove it ASAP. Follow a few steps here and it should clear it out.

Download this

Run the file, click yes on the UAC prompt.

Agree to its terms.

When the Window appears, click "scan"

Wait for the scan to complete.

Click "cleaning"

All programs will close and your computer will reboot.

Follow all of these steps a second time, even if the toolbar disappears. (this is important)

Let me know if it persists. If I don't come back, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...-what-do-i-do/ but follow their directions and forum rules EXTREMLY carefully, otherwise they won't help.

Hydranix, Feb 1, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    That looks like an Opera search bar. Do you have Opera installed.

7. Hydranix Win User
    I don't know of any official Opera search bars which integrate into the desktop like that.

That search bar is violating best practices that any legit company, I would hope, would never do.

Hydranix, Feb 1, 2016
  8. trekma Win User

Thank you, Hydranix, your remedy worked, I lost the search bar after following your instructions. I never expected it to be malware!
    Funny thing is: it disappeared for a few days just after I posted this thread, then reappeared today. But I believe it's gone for good now.

trekma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop - Similar Threads - cannot remove ''search

2. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  3. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  4. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?: [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653
  7. Search the web task bar removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search the web task bar removal: I am trying to get rid of the search the web toolbar at the top of my screen, nothing that is on the web about this works for me. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-the-web-task-bar-removal/9d2a2fec-756b-46a9-838e-8c16c3134783
  8. "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search

in Cortana
    "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search: "Web" was suddenly removed by a 1903 Windows update. I just noticed it today searching. Web should be showing up after "Email" and before "More" How do we get "Web" back in the search? (Please only answer about 1903 as older versions work very differently.) [ATTACH]...
  9. Remove the frozen "Search web box "with arrow pointing to the toolbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove the frozen "Search web box "with arrow pointing to the toolbar: Please respond with easy to understand steps. I am not really up on the techy stuff. I have Windows 10 my issue is that the toolbar at the top where the search the web box is, there is a box below that says (there's a light bulb before the words "Search the web" with this...
  10. Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop: Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove web search toolbar in windows 1903