Windows 10: I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

Discus and support I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Philip1749, Sep 9, 2015.

1. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it cannot access that link/page. I've tried several different pages, and all of them get rejected. Is this some type of glitch that is inherent in EDGE that needs to be fixed, or is there another cause involved?

:)

Philip1749, Sep 9, 2015

2. In Edge, how do you set the home page to open with additional specific tabs open as well?

I agree that this is certainly NOT HELPFUL! I do NOT want to see the top sites, nor do I want to se the most popular sites! I want to see MY SITES!!!! Another perfect example of Microsoft thinking they know what I want without asking, and taking way a
    useful feature and replacing it with junk. I have no use for scribbling on a web page and sending my dribbles to someone else? I don't sit down at my desk to talk to my computer! I sit at my desk to be productive while I listen to soothing music! Cortana,
    scribbling on web pages, and having to go searching on my favorite lists for sites that used to automatically show up across the top of my web browser when it opened are all contrary to this end! Make a good product and then quit messing with it!!!!

Even this morning I came to my computer and found that Edge had been reinstalled, having wiped out all of my favorites in the process. The opening screen was instructing me on how to import my favorites from IE! I had already done that months ago, and
    thought I was done with IE. So all of my new links that I had put into Edge were now gone, and fortunately I hadn't deleted IE yet...I guess I've been dealing with Microsoft long enough to know to hang on to previous versions that work to CYA for years to
    come...

Tony_841_999, Sep 9, 2015
  3. wenmart Win User
    In Edge, how do you set the home page to open with additional specific tabs open as well?

Why does Microsoft Edge totally suck

wenmart, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

1. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE - Similar Threads - Cannot Set Home

2. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  3. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  4. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  5. home page in edge windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    home page in edge windows 10: My home page has been the page that opens with edge, it has been that way for a long time, all of a sudden edge opens with the tab page, i have followed the videos on youtube and home page does not open with edge, i can click on home page and it goes there but it does not...
  6. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558
  7. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  8. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...
  9. set the home page in the search engine Edge

in Browsers and Email
    set the home page in the search engine Edge: I can not set the home page in the Edge message MSN. I can not find her. 63050
  10. Cannot search the page in edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot search the page in edge: Hi In all iterations of IE that I have used Ctrl/F opened a search dialogue that searched on the current page, I use this a lot. I cannot change to Edge until it has the same function. Cheers Daniel 11658