Windows 10: I cannot sign into a new account

Discus and support I cannot sign into a new account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently trying to set up a personal account on a laptop, and i am making it a local account. i have made the account but it will not let me sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luke_363, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Luke_363 Win User

I cannot sign into a new account

I am currently trying to set up a personal account on a laptop, and i am making it a local account. i have made the account but it will not let me sign into the laptop, only in the browser. whenever i enter my credentials into the other user space it says password or username incorrect. i think that this may be because there is already an account signed in, but i do not know for sure.

:)

Luke_363, Dec 6, 2023

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. I cannot sign into a new account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 6, 2023
  4. I cannot sign into a new account

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

I cannot sign into a new account

1. I cannot sign into a new account - Similar Threads - cannot sign account

2. how to close account if i cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to close account if i cannot sign in: i am not able to enter the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-account-if-i-cannot-sign-in/ab28b804-0cb8-4b08-882c-e631b41f2ed2
  3. I cannot sign in to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign in to my microsoft account: Good day,I am trying for almost 2 weeks to sign in to my microsoft account. On the internet/web browser it works just fine, but when I want to sign in to Xbox app or Microsoft Store, the window for log in just quit it self and does not log me in. I have tried almost every...
  4. Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?: Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?I signed out from other devices and changed my password, I removed the device, but the new devise still keep remembering my logging details.The icon of my profile picture is not there and I cannot sign out from the new device is...
  5. Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?

Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?: Why I cannot sign out from new outlook account?I signed out from other devices and changed my password, I removed the device, but the new devise still keep remembering my logging details.The icon of my profile picture is not there and I cannot sign out from the new device is...
  6. I cannot sign into a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into a new account: I am currently trying to set up a personal account on a laptop, and i am making it a local account. i have made the account but it will not let me sign into the laptop, only in the browser. whenever i enter my credentials into the other user space it says password or username...
  7. I cannot sign into my administrator account

I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  8. cannot sign in to account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot sign in to account: when computer is turned on all the lock screen has is "user" and says password needs to be reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-account/49630f17-b453-4c9d-8760-5fbd4fb62f3b
  9. I cannot sign out to window account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot sign out to window account: In my laptop I cannot sign out the window account, when I click the sign out button isn't work appear on laptop has if you don't sign out any you create or changes you will make be lost....
  10. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.: I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the...