Windows 10: I can't access Gmail through my outlook

Discus and support I can't access Gmail through my outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to get my Gmail to come up in my outlook, but it wont. It was already in my outlook, but I took it out to try and reset it up from scratch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NathanielSparks, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I can't access Gmail through my outlook

I'm trying to get my Gmail to come up in my outlook, but it wont. It was already in my outlook, but I took it out to try and reset it up from scratch. But for some reason, when I press the google selection in my computer, it wont go through. I'll bring up the account bar, and attempt to add an account. I'll select the Google option, then it'll come up to another box that reads at the top; "Connecting to service." which will then run for several minutes without any progress. I waited 20 minutes on it, and eventually gave up. I've tried this multiple times. Once after a fresh restart, then after updating everything and restart. I don't know what else to try now. I'm running window 10 on an Asus X555L.

:)

NathanielSparks, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 31, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jul 31, 2018
  4. ikhadduri Win User

I can't access Gmail through my outlook

Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

Thanks again SoFine 409.

I did get to the step:
    'In App passwords click the right arrow'

As I mentioned above, there is no 'dropdowns' showing in my case so as to choose : "Mail" on my "WindowsComputer" then Generate as you can see:

I can't access Gmail through my outlook [​IMG]

It is only text '[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]App passwords allow you to access your Google Account through apps such as Mail on an iPhone or Mac, or Outlook. [/COLOR]Learn more' with no links to generate.'
    There is no:

• isit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account. Done
    • At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
    • Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
      I can't access Gmail through my outlook GEr4Rrj_wq4M6j2F5v68FiUNwDomt6Wf9ni5EXBXkpJ2131jgMdgfzGWTONWZ2211Fl1topp7w=w475.png

• Click Generate.

Problems signing in with 2-Step verification? - Accounts Help

Is my gmail account lacking in something?
    How can I remedy this, please?
    Shall I switch to 2 step verification first? I am using the Samsung mobile to confirm my Gmail password for the moment.

All the best

ikhadduri, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

I can't access Gmail through my outlook

1. I can't access Gmail through my outlook - Similar Threads - can't access Gmail

2. Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2019: Whenever I try adding my gmail account to Outlook, it keeps looping and asking me to enter my email/phone number again and again. I changed the password on my gmail account and Outlook wouldn't receive my emails. It asked me to reenter the password, but then it sent me into...
  3. Outlook Client can't send gmail messages from @outlook

Outlook Client can't send gmail messages from @outlook: This is kind of confusing to explain, and because of that I can't find anything online about it. Years ago I forwarded my gmail account to an outlook account and then I could set the @gmail.com address as the default "from" email address when using outlook, both online and...
  4. Outlook and gmail

Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  5. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  6. gmail not comming through.

in Windows 10 Customization
    gmail not comming through.: I have windows 10 and have been getting e-mails for a few months on my new laptop, but they stopped coming on Aug 10. Still getting them on my cell phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-comming-through/4136d768-1302-4bbb-bd35-bb7b9251804a
  7. I am unable to receive my gmails into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to receive my gmails into Outlook: I Downloaded Windows 10 2004 today and am unable to receive gmails into Outlook. I get a request for a password. I'm not sure whether it's asking for an Outlook password or a Gmail password. Can you assist? TezzaAlex...
  8. Outlook 2019 and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2019 and gmail: Hey guys, I cant get outlook 2019 to connect to gmail. My install of windows is fresh (1909) and so is microsoft office 2019. Hotmail is connected. I have imap set up in my google account and the app password generated. Any ideas? also the mail in windows wouldn't connect to...
  9. Unable to access Gmail inbox through Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Gmail inbox through Mail app: Hi, I am currently using my Gmail account across all Microsoft services (for Windows sign in, Xbox account etc) and facing issues getting my Gmail inbox to appear in the Mail app. I have no problems adding my account through the Google sign in prompt in the app, but my...
  10. Can't access Gmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't access Gmail account: When my email client tried to check my Gmail I was asked for my password. I entered my password and got the prompt to enter the code sent to my cell phone. Nothing is being sent to my phone. I can't find my backup codes to try. Anyone using 2 code verification for their Gmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access my gmail through my windows phone