Windows 10: I can't access my folder on the server at work

Discus and support I can't access my folder on the server at work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did something really stupid, apparently. In the list of users for a folder I need, it showed EVERYONE as having all access privileges (along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidRW, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DavidRW Win User

I can't access my folder on the server at work

I did something really stupid, apparently.

In the list of users for a folder I need, it showed EVERYONE as having all access privileges (along with some other users too). I denied access to EVERYONE, thinking that the permissions for the other users would remain. It didn't. Now I can't access the folder, even as one of the other users or as an administrator.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

:)

DavidRW, Aug 24, 2016

2. Problems with Windows Home Server Backup

I have updated two systems with Aniversery Update. After this update I have some issues with my systems:

1. After the update the daily backups can't be finished anymore with my Windows Home Server 2011

One System has a 256 GB Samsung SSD and two 1 GB Samsung Harddisks. The Laptop has a 480 GB Crucial SSD with two partitions (System and Data). The Laptop System has also the "freeze" problem with 100% load requested by the hard disk.

2. I have problems now with my user access to server based Folders. The access to Server based folders is now very unstable, on one system I have only read access to my Server Folders. With the other System I have full read/write access. On both Systems
    I use the same user access to the server based Folders. this might be a problem in combination of local and Microsoft accounts. Till update the access worked on both systems.

I was also very upset by the resets of Microsoft of all customer Settings. All Microsoft sypware must be disabled again, unneeded apps (like xbox) are installed again on Business Computers. This is a lot of work for an update.

The common workarround to set a permant num lock didn't work at on my system now. This is very annoying on systems without biometrical resources for Hallo.

Did Microsoft have a solution for this problems?

MartinAhlert_899, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Cannot access windows share through dlink router

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues accessing the windows shares on my servers (2012r2 & 2016) with any pc connecting to my local router.

When I hook the computers on lan connection on my main switch, they connect just fine. But when I try to access the shares via wifi or cable through the router, it doesn't work.

Some additional info:

- DNS works just fine (i can connect to a remote desktop of my server through the router)

- tried to telnet port 445 to my two servers, both can't connect

- also when trying to connect a share with the IP-address instead of the servername, it still doesn't work

Any thoughts?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

LaurensHelewaut, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

I can't access my folder on the server at work

1. I can't access my folder on the server at work - Similar Threads - can't access folder

2. can't access folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access folder.: i try to clean my defender history but i can't access this folderhttps://youtu.be/c74LYFHDvpw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-folder/7beab0f0-317f-459b-810e-9fcff0d9fae8
  3. can't access folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access folder.: i try to clean my defender history but i can't access this folderhttps://youtu.be/c74LYFHDvpw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-folder/7beab0f0-317f-459b-810e-9fcff0d9fae8
  4. I can't get access to controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get access to controlled folder access: I get the message that my IT administrator has limited my access to that, but I am on a personal computer where I am the sole administrator. I have tried multiple things suggested in other posts, but none of them have...
  5. I can't get access to controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get access to controlled folder access: I get the message that my IT administrator has limited my access to that, but I am on a personal computer where I am the sole administrator. I have tried multiple things suggested in other posts, but none of them have...
  6. I can't get access to controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't access my Download folder on my Windows laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my Download folder on my Windows laptop: I just started having trouble accessing my Downloads folder on a Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-download-folder-on-my-windows/1d9e1026-25b5-438d-b1bc-db7bafac8a0c
  8. can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012

can't access Shared folders on windows server 2012: I make a driver(F:) on our company's windows server2012 pc as shared folder, and in the [advanced security setting] of F driver, I set the shared feature to <Everyone>, and set the authority to groups and some users(with password) premiusly created. The server's address...
  9. Suddenly can't access Exchange Server

Suddenly can't access Exchange Server: Hoping someone may have an idea. My exchange server has been working fine for years and tonight suddenly it will not respond to anything. If i login locally the OWA works fine but remotely nothing. This to me is pointing at port 443 being blocked for some reason. Exchange...
  10. Suddenly - slow access to server folders

Suddenly - slow access to server folders: Haven't seen this anywhere on these forums - yet - but I just have to get to the bottom of this - it's driving me nuts. Or more so, anyway.... About 45 days ago, I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) to the Windows 10 'replacement', which is Win10 Professional...