Windows 10: I can't access my homegroup anymore

Discus and support I can't access my homegroup anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bmoisset, Dec 7, 2015.

1. bmoisset Win User

I can't access my homegroup anymore

When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The system doesn't provide a way to retrieve my user name and password. How can I do this?
    Thanks.

:)

bmoisset, Dec 7, 2015
  2. Shmu26 Win User

how to create new homegroup, if an old homegroup exists

I have two computers, a new desktop and a laptop.

on my old desktop, I created a homegroup.

but I can't access that computer anymore, to get the homegroup password from it, because I don't have that computer anymore.

Now, on my two new computers, windows only gives me the option to join the existing homegroup that I once created.

How can I get a password to join the old homegroup, or alternatively, create a new homegroup?

Shmu26, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Can't get into my Homegroup

My Windows build was corrupted after dealing with Tech Support and I had to reset my PC; but I wasn't able to print out or access my homegroup password. This PC was the owner of the Homegroup and I was the administrator. Now it asks me to join the Homegroup;
    but I don't have the password to do so. I can't get into it, can't change the password, and can't make a new homegroup. Not sure what to do anymore.

TroyMepyans, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

I can't access my homegroup anymore

1. I can't access my homegroup anymore - Similar Threads - can't access homegroup

2. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  3. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  4. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.

I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.: I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.1. The account was set with an email that had been delete for some reason.2. Actually the windows system had changed the PIN for some security updated.To configure the the new PIN the system send the code in the...
  6. I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.: I can't access anymore to my win account and to my Notebook.1. The account was set with an email that had been delete for some reason.2. Actually the windows system had changed the PIN for some security updated.To configure the the new PIN the system send the code in the...
  7. Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?

Why I can't access safe-mode anymore?: Windows 10.It keeps looping saying " computer repair." Once I click on safe-mode number e.g. safe mode with network, it keeps going back to computer repair screen as if nothing changed.How to fix it? I cant access to Windows either....
  8. Can't access bios anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios anymore: I was messing around trying to fix my dual booted windows 7 and now I can't access bios anymore. My pc is Asus with intel h110 chipset. I press f2 when restarting my pc and the bios password screen pops up I enter the password then continue pressing f2 but it just boots my...
  9. Can't Access Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  10. No homegroup access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No homegroup access: Hello I have set up home network behind a router. every basic operations as folders sharing work but when I try from Windows 10 machine to join homegroup created from another computer running Windows 8.1 the operation is unsuccessfull. The homegroup was firstly created on...