Windows 10: I can't access my USB at all!

Discus and support I can't access my USB at all! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I plugged in a brand new USB I had never used before and it worked just fine. The next day was when I had problems. I tried downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TillableFrog4, Jul 12, 2018.

1. I can't access my USB at all!

So recently I plugged in a brand new USB I had never used before and it worked just fine. The next day was when I had problems.

I tried downloading an art program on the first day and everything was good so I safely ejected the USB and turned my computer off for the night. The next day at around 10 AM I went onto the computer again and when I plugged in the USB it said it needed to be formatted again eve though I had done this the previous day. So, slightly annoyed, I tried to format the USB again. This took multiple tries and I ended up uninstalling it completely.

A while later I formatted it again and re-downloaded the program from before, this also took several tries. Now, hours later, the computer won't read the USB at all. Nothing comes up in the files, command centre, or anything! I don't know what's happened or if it's corrupted somehow since the computer won't read it. It really shouldn't have since it's brand new.

:)

TillableFrog4, Jul 12, 2018

2. windows can`t communicate with epson 7620 scanner using usb

Hi Lake,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, I understand that the Epson device/program is not compatible with the USB 3.0.

I suggest you to connect it to the USB 2.0 and check if the same issue persists.

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK
      . Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
      , and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Also refer to:

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/install-usb-3-usb-devices

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 12, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't access my USB at all! :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 12, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't access my USB at all!

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

I can't access my USB at all!

1. I can't access my USB at all! - Similar Threads - can't access USB

2. All USB drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All USB drive access denied: I've tried to use all 3 USB ports with various USB storage drives and all resulted the same error:"D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied."As I check the security properties in Advanced, it's showing:"You do not have permission to view or edit this object’s permission...
  3. All USB drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB drive access denied: I've tried to use all 3 USB ports with various USB storage drives and all resulted the same error:"D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied."As I check the security properties in Advanced, it's showing:"You do not have permission to view or edit this object’s permission...
  4. All USB drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't access my USB drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't access my USB drive.: This is the first time it happened. Basically, I tried opening my drive through explorer and tried opening a project from another app from the drive, but I got a pop-up that says I need to 'format' the disk in the drive first. I have some projects in there i've been working...
  6. I can't access my USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my USB drive.: This is the first time it happened. Basically, I tried opening my drive through explorer and tried opening a project from another app from the drive, but I got a pop-up that says I need to 'format' the disk in the drive first. I have some projects in there i've been working...
  7. I can't access my USB drive.

8. I can't access all the features of Cortana

I can't access all the features of Cortana: I use Windows 10 2004 version. I can't access all features of Cortana. For example, if I ask Cortana to send an email, she replies that she cannot do so and if I ask her to play music, she says that she cannot do that yet, etc. Sometimes, I see a notification saying that...
  9. Can't access my pc at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access my pc at all: So my Lenovo Notebook did an update and since it restarted it's stuck on "undoing changes made to your computer" it opens the command prompt very fast and restarts again and then end up undoing changes again and it's been doing this more than 24 hours. Also my usb ports not...
  10. Can't access my OS at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access my OS at all: I just updated to the latest version (it ends with 9 i think) and now i'm stuck in the login screen. Every time i log in the screen goes black and then it immidately takes me back to the login screen, sometimes a glitch thing pops up at the top of the screen before taking me...