Windows 10: I can't activate my Windows 10

Discus and support I can't activate my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have done clean install of windows 10 which I downloaded from Microsoft site and I can't activate my windows. ( I did update from windows 8.1 )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Devilz, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Devilz Win User

I can't activate my Windows 10

I have done clean install of windows 10 which I downloaded from Microsoft site and I can't activate my windows. ( I did update from windows 8.1 )

Need help!!

:)

Devilz, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Hugo-360 Win User

Upgrading from Windows preview to Windows 10

My computer running windows 10 Pro Build 10240 but i can't Activate if i upgrade to windows 10 pro rtm then windows is activate or windows is not activate

Hugo-360, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1, no updates or store

Thank you for the reply. I believe that the problem is that my version of windows 10 is not activated. I upgraded from an activated version of windows 8.1, but Windows 10 never activated. When I try to activate it says Windows can't activate, try again
    later. How can I activate my version of Windows 10?

Steven C. Anderson, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Devilz Win User

I tried activating windows through settings menu and I get key error. It has declared my genuine windows 8 key to counterfeit *Eek

Devilz, Aug 7, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Hi,

Just to confirm:
    • You did upgrade first before the clean install?
    • Did you confirm the upgrade correctly activated before moving on to clean install?
    • Did you enter a product key during either of the install procedures? If you did then that would lead to a failed activation as a product key should not be entered at any time.
    • Oh...And the 8.1 is definitely genuine yeah?

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Devilz Win User
    I didn't upgrade first as I went straight for clean install. Also I didn't entered serial key as I skipped it and yes mate my windows is genuine as it came preinstall on my laptop from manufacture and I upgraded to 8.1 through windows update. *Biggrin

Devilz, Aug 7, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    You needed to upgrade first before a clean install.

You will need to reinstall Windows 8.1 and upgrade to 10 and activate only then will you be able to do a clean install.

z3r010, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Devilz Win User

I figure this out but now problem is when I try to reinstall windows 8 using windows dvd, it gives me error that key is not valid and it won't pass the serial key screen.

Devilz, Aug 7, 2015
  9. z3r010 Win User
    Where did you get the DVD?

z3r010, Aug 7, 2015
  10. If you go here, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media you can download the correct install media that will use your OEM embedded key. You have to match it version for version with what was installed at the factory. If it was Pro install Pro, if it was just 8.1 install 8.1 etc. If you install the wrong version it will reject your key and you'll have to start all over again with the correct version.

alphanumeric, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Devilz Win User
    I bought it from Microsoft

I have got windows DVD for both 8 and 8.1 versions but its not letting me install as I deleted recovery partition when I clean install windows 10

Devilz, Aug 21, 2015
  12. You don't need the recovery partition to do a clean install? If it's asking for a key, your installing the wrong version. If your PC shipped with 8.0 or 8.1 (Core not Pro), you need to install Windows 8.1. If it came with 8.0 Pro or 8.1 Pro, you need to install 8.1 Pro. Same deal if it was the Single Language version, install 8.1 SL.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

alphanumeric, Aug 21, 2015
  13. WhyMe Win User

But this is a self-build system yeah? In which case it's not a recovery disk from an oem manufacturer but a proper genuine Windows installation disk with product key. Boot into your Win8 or Win8.1 installation disk and do your fresh Win8/8.1 install. Once installed, begin the Win10 upgrade from within Win8/8.1.

WhyMe, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Devilz Win User
    this is what I get when I try to install with windows dvd both 8/8.1

"The Product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key"

Devilz, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Devilz Win User
    I am trying to sort my laptop mate, self built is desktop which is fine

Devilz, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. I can't activate my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't activate

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  5. Can't find old Windows activation key

Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  6. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark: So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my...
  8. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark: So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my...
  9. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  10. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant activate my windows 10