Windows 10: I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod

Discus and support I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to boot into safe mode or advanced options I get the same BSOD ERROR: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.. Is there any other way for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DMAR, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DMAR Win User

I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod

Every time I try to boot into safe mode or advanced options I get the same BSOD ERROR: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.. Is there any other way for me to accomplish this?

:)

DMAR, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Bakloukak Win User

Windows 10 Will Not Boot - Help Requested

I updated to Windows 10 Pro with no problems. It has been a couple months. This morning, upon boot, I was greeted with a BSoD. The error was System_Service_Exception(asmtxhci.sys)

I believe it has to do with a driver update yesterday completed with Driver Booster. I have tried to load a system restore, but I can't get to it, because I can't boot into safe mode or reach advanced boot options. I have no Windows 10 disk because I updated
    Windows, and I have no recovery disk. Also, the BSoD occurs before the login screen. Pressing f8 during the initial launch does nothing. If I can get to the system restore that would be great. If there is another option that does not include a reinstall of
    Windows, that would work also. Please help.

Bakloukak, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Ivan_1001 Win User
    Lenovo Yoga 12 Windows 10 BSOD after Synaptic driver installed

Hi,

I am able to go to safe mode only with advanced repairing options>startup options...

In Safe mode seems that everything working fine... touch pad is fully functional.

I`m try to set clean boot in Safe mode and windows still reboots with BSOD.

First i did clean install of windows 10 pro created with Mediacreationtoolx64.

Then i check for updates and windows install all updates.

After reboot all devices works ok... synaptics pointing device is working with all his features...

Then i did another reboot and then i get BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

then:

- BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

- BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR > reboot

- BSOD PAGING_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys) >reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode

- it boot in Safe mode and everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- boot in normal mode, everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode , all works fine

- setup clean boot > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode is ok now but there is no touchpad at all

- update pointing device drviver from device manager > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode - touchpad works with base windows driver (not fully functional but works like after clean installation of Windows 10) > reboot

- normal boot ok again > disable clean boot (restore to normal) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

..... and again and again... boot normal...

i try to clean install windows... disable automatic update in gpedit.msc, use wushowhide to hide synaptics driver hrom update, check and install all other updates, and windows works fine (except pointing device, is not fully functional)

same issues i face with Synaptics driver from Lenovo support page... there is driver ver. 19.0.12. 61 7/9/2015 for windows 10...

Sorry for long post but it`s obvious that there is a problem with pointing device driver.

It`s very annoying...

The laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 20DK001XCX

Please help

Ivan_1001, Mar 5, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Crash dumps are not very helpful for stop 0xEF, because they does not contain the necessary data.
    ETW minidump data unavailable
    EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x111d6080 - <Unable to get error code text>
    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x111d6080 - <Unable to get error code text> So BSOD analysis will not be very effective here.

And, it is a laptop. We will not be able to open it, test the hardware components and replace those.

If it does not boot in safe mode too, then there is almost no options in hand. Plus, it gives a hint of a hardware level error, as most of the drivers are inactive in safe mode.

I would suggest you to take the laptop to a Lenovo Service Center. If it is within a warranty, explore it.

Thema:

1. I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod - Similar Threads - can't boot safe

2. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  3. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  5. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  6. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  8. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...
  9. BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything: Hello, Since 9 hours without any breaks i've been searching forums trying different solutions to fix my !!!!!IRQL_ NOT LESS OR EQUAL!!!! problem at windows 10 running system with i7 6700k msi gaming M7 motherboard.Rams work fine as i can see them on bios and they are...
  10. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver booster does not boot