Windows 10: I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB

Discus and support I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so basically few weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my PC, before Ubuntu I had Window 10, I ran Ubuntu installer and chose option to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BornaFruco, Oct 15, 2016.

1. I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB

Hi, so basically few weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my PC, before Ubuntu I had Window 10, I ran Ubuntu installer and chose option to delete everything from my hard disk and install Ubuntu 16.04. Now I see what a mistake I made and I want to get back to Windows 10. I downloaded Win10 installer from Microsoft page, the installer is .iso format. I mounted it on USB and it was succesful. I restarted computer, put USB in it, and when it was booting there was only a blank screen with this: "/" in the top left corner. Please if you have any solution write it.

:)

BornaFruco, Oct 15, 2016

2. I installed Ubuntu and want windows back.

My laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10. I think I overwrited the windows files with ubuntu so I have Windows 10 bootable usb and I'm pretty sure my bios settings are okay(they are on legacy and boot from usb) but when i select the usb to boot it, it
    says invaid and boots straight into Ubuntu. I feel like Ubuntu is now a virus I can't get rid of on my pc. Please Help!

Jayden Bassi, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 64bit to Windows 10 32bit

Hello

I purchased HP Notebook x2 with Windows 10 Home 64bit & 2GB RAM, I want to format it and install windows 10 home 32bit, but I always I fail , I extract windows 10 32bit ISO to USB flash to boot from it, but the notebook can't
    let me boot from usb even if enter to bios (UEFI) and enable boot from USB and change the priority for it, even if I run the setup from windows I fail because the setup file is 32bit .

Please help me how I can boot from USB and format my notebook and install fresh windows 10 Home x32

another question:

in 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM (HDD) with CPU support x64, Which version of windows 10 should I install ? 64bit or 32bit ?

BR

thedark1979, Oct 15, 2016
  4. sn00ker Win User

I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB

Hi... You don't mount the iso onto a flash drive, it wouldn't work that way but Microsoft makes it so easy to create just do the following >>>First thing to do plug in your usb flash drive and formatted so it's totally clean were by nothing is on the drive . Now go to Microsoft

Code: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/[/quote] Select Download Tool Now .... Afterwards start the program from where you just downloaded to. Once it starts agree to the licensing part, then select >>> Create installation media for another PC , then you will see >>> Select language, architecture, and edition . Now this part is where you make your selection and usually the Language and Edition you wouldn't touch you would leave what's already selected. The Architecture is where you might want to change . It's either you want a 64 bit Operating system or 32 bit, that depends on the system you want to install windows on. Is your computer a 32bit system or 64 bit, just choose the correct one . Now to select these options you need first to remove the check mark on >>> Use the recommended options for this PC, once you remove this check mark you can change the language, architecture, and edition if need be or if the selections is what you want, then leave it as is and click Next. Now make sure it selected on USB flash drive, if it is just click next and it will start doing it thing installing windows files onto it. Afterwards once it's finish you now have a windows 10 operating system on a flash drive that you can use to install windows from. Just make sure to change your bios screen to boot off usb

sn00ker, Oct 15, 2016
  5. Thank you but I succesfully ran the installer

BornaFruco, Oct 15, 2016
  6. I just unmounted and mounted .iso file again and it worked

BornaFruco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB

1. I can't boot Windows 10 from my USB - Similar Threads - can't boot USB

2. Windows 10 not booting from my usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not booting from my usb: Hey everyone. I was trying to install windows 10 on my laptop from my usb, but it didnt work. I used media creation tool.When i boot into the usb, i just get some random white lines on the down-side of the screen. My USB is 16 gb by the way.What should i do to fix this...
  3. Can't boot from USB, returns to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot from USB, returns to Windows 10: So I want to boot from a bootable usb and install linux. But everytime I boot from the selected USB it just restarts and returns to windows 10 again. I tried most things like chaning MBR to GPT, checked that the USB is FAT32, made sure secure boot is disabled, even tried...
  4. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from USB: Hello my name is Ashan.My problem is I can't boot from my USB flash drive. There is no os in my hard drive. And also I don'the have a dvd rom. So my only option is to use USB.When I do boot my pc with USB, it shows the basic steps of the setupchoosing the keyboard layout etc...
  5. I can't boot from usb

I can't boot from usb: So I updated to the newest windows about a month ago and the update failed and now none of my windows apps work. They all say they aren't connected to the internet and give an error code. I went to reset my computer and I couldn't because I had recently made the mistake of...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  7. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB: Hi, I was having problems with my Display Driver, it kept shutting down my PC, so I uninstalled it and it didn't shut down anymore. I had to restart my PC the other day so I went into device manager and it had installed a Microsoft Generic driver. I uninstalled that one and...
  8. Can't boot from USB

Can't boot from USB: Hello. I had planned to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I have a 32-bit now and want to change it to 64-bit). However, I cannot find any options for accessing my USB upon boot up, after going to Settings>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Restart Now. I also have the Legacy...
  9. Can't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot from USB: I have a Hp pavillion. I made a usb flash boot drive with acronis 2016 I cant boot to it. This tutorial says that I must boot from within windows 10. I dont see in this post how to do that I only see it fort 8 is 8 the the same. ? 53114
  10. Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot anything from USB in Windows 10: Hey guys, I have the following problem: I've created a live persistence bootable usb with kali Linux that works fine on a number of computers, but when I try to boot on my Asus X551M laptop which has Windows 10, it goes in "Preparing automatic repair" and doesn't even try to...