Windows 10: I can't click on anything in the start menu.

Discus and support I can't click on anything in the start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015.

1. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

Hello,
    I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to try to transfer all the files over to the newer OS. Anyways, I've been using this same wireless mouse with my laptop since i bought it. Sadly, every time i turn the mouse on and off, it creates this problem. Before, i could Ctrl+Alt+Del and then just click back and since i didn't use windows apps that much, it never really affected me. But now, since they brought back the I probably will. I can't click on anything AT ALL. In the beginning when i first installed Windows 10, i had the same problem. Which really aggravated me. So, i created a New User and deleted the old one. It worked for the last few hours, however, my mouse turns off automattically to save battery. So you can guess what happened. So now, i can't even back out of The Control Alt Delete menu, and i can't even change settings in the settings app. Help! I am happy to answer any questions you may have,

- Brody

:)

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015

2. why can i not click on anything in my start menu and it open?

Hi Kerson,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Start menu on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if some system file is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you getting any error message?

2. Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

1. Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

2. Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

3. Click File > Run New Task.

4. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

5. Type "CMD" without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

6. Type the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit onEnter Key:

sfc /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

7. If the above didn’t resolve the issues. Then perform the below methods.

8. If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 2, 2015
  3. why can i not click on anything in my start menu and it open?

I just downloaded windows 10 very excited about the update well not so much right now when I click the window in the bottom left corner anything other then settings will not open I can click it doesn't do anything I also try to click the store button and
    nothing as well whats going on can anyone please help me this is frustrating.

amandaatkerson, Aug 2, 2015
  4. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

Do you have another mouse you can use ?

Preferably one which is USB powered, to see if this will remove the problem.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 2, 2015
  5. I tried it in 8.1, didn't work. I tried it in 8 as well. Haven't had 7 on this computer though. I highly doubt it would though. The problem persists through A force shut down. I can't normally shut it down either because CTRL+ALT+DEL i can't click on anything.

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Do you have skype? it might make things easier...

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Sorry, no I don't.

8. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

That's fine, just a question.

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Would you humor me and try the wired mouse to be 100% sure it does not work ?

10. Sorry, but I don't have one here. *Sad

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  11. All question's are discussed only in the thread they are opened in to allow others with better suggestion's
    to post them.
    Plus anyone in the future with the same question, would not be able to see the step's to the solution.

Using Skype would not allow it.

12. What about the pad on your lappy, does it work ?

13. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

Ah, I see. I hadn't even thought of that.

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  14. Nope. It has to do with the actual system, not my hardware. Believe me i've been pulling my hair out for at least two years. Also, On a new account everything works flawlessly. If that helps anything.

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Sorry, I try to sound smart sometimes so just bare with me.

Brody22501, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

I can't click on anything in the start menu.

1. I can't click on anything in the start menu. - Similar Threads - can't click anything

2. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  3. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  4. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  6. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  7. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My sister computer start menu has darkening and I can't click anything in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sister computer start menu has darkening and I can't click anything in it: Can anyone explain why this happen and how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sister-computer-start-menu-has-darkening-and-i/abcc4ad3-693e-4d53-9599-fc0a29423bd7
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...